Empress of the Seas March 25-April 1, 2019

Hello wonderful RCCL experts. My husband and a group of colleagues are planning a cruise March 18-25, 2019 8 day Cuba. This will be our first on RCCL. We are doing the planning for the group, and have come across a concern. On the website where you check out deck plans, there is a difference for cabins up to March 25, 2019 and after April 1, 2019. Is the ship undergoing renovations? Is the ship undergoing ongoing room renovation? Please advise.....

Edited by hawaiideb

Hello wonderful RCCL experts. My husband and a group of colleagues are planning a cruise March 18-25, 2019 8 day Cuba. This will be our first on RCCL. We are doing the planning for the group, and have come across a concern. On the website where you check out deck plans, there is a difference for cabins up to March 25, 2019 and after April 1, 2019. Is the ship undergoing renovations? Is the ship undergoing ongoing room renovation? Please advise.....

Most likely only some stateroom categories being changed.

I'm not speaking from any insider information or anything, but what I have gathered on the forums here is that there is a two-week block where the Empress of the Seas is not sailing, so it's assumed that she is going to be in dry dock. Since it's a short dry dock, I doubt there will be any major changes between the staterooms. The dry dock is probably more about preventative maintenance, fixing knicks, and maybe a minor update here and there. But, I'm basing that all off of my little knowledge and opinion :)