Port canaveral cruise transportation help, flying in/staying at MCO orlando airport

mirnyc1

Hi, We are flying into MCO Orlando airport in Feb around 10:30PM, and have a Disney cruise out of Port Canaveral the next day (Saturday). Its 4 of us. Looking for recommendations and info on transport - specifically:

- what are thoughts on the fly/snooze/cruise packages with goportcanaveral vs booking a hotel/shuttle seperately ? I see the reviews on goportcanaveral are mixed, where as cortrans seem to be positive.

- goportcanaveral also has fixed times for pickup from specific hotels vs it seems

- is go port canaveral the big charter buses? does it take a long time to load up (assume hit diff hotels)

- is cortrans the smaller vans

We were looking at the Holiday Inn Orlando airport as the hotel.

I am less worried about getting to hotel from MCO since most have airport shuttles. last time we cruise out of port canaveral we arrived early in the day and ended up at the Radison at the Port (Canaveral) and used their package (with coco beach shuttle). They were fantastic by the way and I would highly recommend . This time we arrive so late we need to stay by airport.

Thanks so much!

Hi, We are flying into MCO Orlando airport in Feb around 10:30PM, and have a Disney cruise out of Port Canaveral the next day (Saturday). Its 4 of us. Looking for recommendations and info on transport - specifically:

- what are thoughts on the fly/snooze/cruise packages with goportcanaveral vs booking a hotel/shuttle seperately ? I see the reviews on goportcanaveral are mixed, where as cortrans seem to be positive.

- goportcanaveral also has fixed times for pickup from specific hotels vs it seems

- is go port canaveral the big charter buses? does it take a long time to load up (assume hit diff hotels)

- is cortrans the smaller vans

We were looking at the Holiday Inn Orlando airport as the hotel.

I am less worried about getting to hotel from MCO since most have airport shuttles. last time we cruise out of port canaveral we arrived early in the day and ended up at the Radison at the Port (Canaveral) and used their package (with coco beach shuttle). They were fantastic by the way and I would highly recommend . This time we arrive so late we need to stay by airport.

Thanks so much!

Welcome to the boards :D

I take those reviews, positive and negative, with a big grain of salt on the rim of my margarita glass. ;)

Go Port Canaveral is a good deal if you want a package that covers it all.

You can use CORTRANS, Cocoa Beach Shuttle or others (usually 12-15 passenger vans) if you want to book your own hotel, or rent a car big enough for the 4 of you plus bags and stay, dine and shop where you want. All of the car rental agencies in PC/Cocoa Beach will shuttle you to the port after you return the car - bring a few dollars in quarters for the tolls and skip the expensive electronic toll option from the rental agency unless you will be in Orlando for several days.