Allure - Concierge Message To Star Class Suites

All,

I know this is often a topic of conversations and questions. Does the concierge reach out to Star Class Suite guests before the sailing? In the case of this Allure of the Seas August 5th sailing they definitely do. I've been talking to this concierge from Allure for a few days now and Dexter, seems to be a cut above. I don't know if this is the expectation across the fleet of vessels that offer Star Class suite service (Oasis Class and Quantum Class) but it should be. It does a great job of outlining those mysterious suite benefits and giving the guests a good idea of the requests that can be made of the concierge. I've copied and pasted the letter below.

-Bert

Date: July 28, 2018 at 8:07:05 PM EDT

To: AL_Concierge

Subject: EASTERN CARIBBEAN. VOYAGE #421 SAILDATE: AUGUST 5TH, 2018 SUITE #

Greetings From Your AllureConcierges,

My name is Dexter Fraser. My colleague Dudley Jean,and I will be your Concierges onboard Allure of the Seas during your upcomingcruise vacation. We look forward to welcoming you onboard; however, we areavailable now to help you with recommendations, reservations and otherpreparations for your cruise.

As our Concierge guest, you will enjoy exclusive amenities and services suchas:

• Use of the Suite Lounge located on deck 17 aft.
  • · Breakfast, lunch and Dinner served in the Coastal Kitchen, deck 17. (Dinner is by reservation only).
  • · A selection of complimentary wine, champagne, beer and soft drinks is available from 11:00 am - 11:00 pm in the Suite Lounge.
  • A select menu of complimentary beverages and hors d’oeuvres are served daily in the Suite Lounge from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
  • · Spa bathrobes for use onboard and upgraded bathroom amenities
  • · Exclusive Reception for suite guests with Senior Officers. (Invitation will be sent to your suite).
  • · Daily Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant menus displayed in the lounge.
  • · Full Dining Room menu privilege through Room Service, available when the Dining Room is open (please see the insert menus in the Suite Binder).
  • · Priority reservations for any of our Specialty Restaurants, Shore Excursions, and Vitality Spa services.
  • · Complimentary pressing service on the first formal night.
  • · Private sun deck with loungers and cabanas on deck 17 forward. (Cabanas are limited and are available on a first-come-first served basis).
  • Show Reservations are not required to all suite guests except for the comedy show. Please show your SeaPass card at the entrance 20 minutes prior to show time as booked seats will be given away 10 minutes prior to show time.
  • · Limited VIP seats for the shows in Amber Theater (Deck 4), Studio B (center pavilion) and Aqua Theater (first 2 rows from the top). Please show your SeaPass card at the entrance 20 minutes prior to show time as booked seats will be given away 10 minutes prior to show time.

Additional information will be available in yoursuite.

We are also pleased to extend to you the opportunity to make advancereservations for any of our Specialty Restaurants including theChef’sTable. At this small-group dinner in a private dining room, an ExecutiveChef and Sommelier will together guide you through a multi-course feast withwine pairings. If you would like to reserve a place at the Chef's Table, pleaselet me know via email.

Finally, the Suite Lounge is a private area availableto you on a 24-hour basis. We respectfully request that all guests observe asmart-casual dress code in the lounge. Please note that footwear is required atall times and that swimwear and pool attire are not allowed. No shorts or tanktops allowed during cocktail hours on Formal nights. In addition, guestsbelow 18 years of age and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardianat all times and must well behaved.

Thank you for choosing to sail with Royal CaribbeanInternational. We look forward to welcoming you aboard Allure of the Seas.

All,

I know this is often a topic of conversations and questions. Does the concierge reach out to Star Class Suite guests before the sailing? In the case of this Allure of the Seas August 5th sailing they definitely do. I've been talking to this concierge from Allure for a few days now and Dexter, seems to be a cut above. I don't know if this is the expectation across the fleet of vessels that offer Star Class suite service (Oasis Class and Quantum Class) but it should be. It does a great job of outlining those mysterious suite benefits and giving the guests a good idea of the requests that can be made of the concierge. I've copied and pasted the letter below.

-Bert

My name is Dexter Fraser. My colleague Dudley Jean,and I will be your Concierges onboard Allure of the Seas during your upcomingcruise vacation. We look forward to welcoming you onboard; however, we areavailable now to help you with recommendations, reservations and otherpreparations for your cruise.

• · Breakfast, lunch and Dinner served in the Coastal Kitchen, deck 17. (Dinner is by reservation only).
  • · A selection of complimentary wine, champagne, beer and soft drinks is available from 11:00 am - 11:00 pm in the Suite Lounge.
  • A select menu of complimentary beverages and hors d’oeuvres are served daily in the Suite Lounge from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
  • · Exclusive Reception for suite guests with Senior Officers. (Invitation will be sent to your suite).
  • · Full Dining Room menu privilege through Room Service, available when the Dining Room is open (please see the insert menus in the Suite Binder).
  • · Priority reservations for any of our Specialty Restaurants, Shore Excursions, and Vitality Spa services.
  • · Private sun deck with loungers and cabanas on deck 17 forward. (Cabanas are limited and are available on a first-come-first served basis).
  • Show Reservations are not required to all suite guests except for the comedy show. Please show your SeaPass card at the entrance 20 minutes prior to show time as booked seats will be given away 10 minutes prior to show time.
  • · Limited VIP seats for the shows in Amber Theater (Deck 4), Studio B (center pavilion) and Aqua Theater (first 2 rows from the top). Please show your SeaPass card at the entrance 20 minutes prior to show time as booked seats will be given away 10 minutes prior to show time.

We are also pleased to extend to you the opportunity to make advancereservations for any of our Specialty Restaurants including theChef’sTable. At this small-group dinner in a private dining room, an ExecutiveChef and Sommelier will together guide you through a multi-course feast withwine pairings. If you would like to reserve a place at the Chef's Table, pleaselet me know via email.

Finally, the Suite Lounge is a private area availableto you on a 24-hour basis. We respectfully request that all guests observe asmart-casual dress code in the lounge. Please note that footwear is required atall times and that swimwear and pool attire are not allowed. No shorts or tanktops allowed during cocktail hours on Formal nights. In addition, guestsbelow 18 years of age and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardianat all times and must well behaved.

Thank you for choosing to sail with Royal CaribbeanInternational. We look forward to welcoming you aboard Allure of the Seas.

Sometimes you get the email and sometimes you don't.

Having said that when we cruise and Dexter is on board we always get it.

We have become pretty friendly with him at this point. I think we have had Dexter 6 times so far. He is a great guy and will help you with any of your needs. A real pro.

I would really appreciate you letting Dexter know that Howie and Lisa say hello.

Have a great cruise. Enjoy!!!!!

All,

-Bert

My apologies! I said STAR class I meant SKY class!! STAR is a whole different level and one all likely never spring for barring a super deal. So yes the Sky class concierges, on the Allure at least, do contact suite guests prior to the cruise.

My DD and I are sailing in a GS on the Allure this Sunday (Aug. 5th) as well and we also received Dexter's letter. We sailed in a GS on Allure this same time last year and Dexter was our Concierge then, too. He is, indeed, a super guy; very nice and efficient. Enjoyed having him help us and look forward to working with him, again next week.

We are on the Allure 8/12 in a GS. We haven't received anything at all from RCI. I'm a little disappointed since we are spending quite a bit of $$$ and some sort of acknowledgement or maybe some type of instructions would be nice. However, I am getting a dozen emails a day for "deals" on our cruise....???? Thank goodness for CC and Pintrest to know what to expect. Hopefully service will be better once on the ship.

Dexter and Dudley..WINNING combo.

I have known Dexter since he was on the Monarch and he was in guest services.

Dudley,I met a couple of years ago,on OA.

I keep in touch with both.

We are on the Allure 8/12 in a GS. We haven't received anything at all from RCI. I'm a little disappointed since we are spending quite a bit of $$$ and some sort of acknowledgement or maybe some type of instructions would be nice. However, I am getting a dozen emails a day for "deals" on our cruise....???? Thank goodness for CC and Pintrest to know what to expect. Hopefully service will be better once on the ship.

The OP's letter was dated July 28th and was for an August 5th cruise. That means it was dated 8 days before the cruise. 8 days before your cruise would be August 4th so you probably have only a few more days to wait.

I was on the July 22 cruise. I received an email from Dudley and Dexter 8 days before my cruise. On the last night of my cruise (July 28), they were getting welcome packages for the August 5th cruise. So I would expect them to contact you in the next few days. Dudley and Dexter will take excellent care of you.

The email usually comes out to you a week before you sale. It is to early to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums