What’s on cabin TV?

mlbcruiser

We haven’t been on a carnival cruise in several years. Wondering what they show on the TVs in the cabins now. I assume there is an international news channel, and I’m wondering about free movies and whether the port talks, shows an audience participation games are shown on the TV? Can you book shore excursions via the TV?

Thanks for any info!

We haven’t been on a carnival cruise in several years. Wondering what they show on the TVs in the cabins now. I assume there is an international news channel, and I’m wondering about free movies and whether the port talks, shows an audience participation games are shown on the TV? Can you book shore excursions via the TV?

Thanks for any info!

All of the above. If you’re leaving from the states usually local USA news, your cabin charges and many movies both free and ppv.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Back when you cruised some years ago Carnival had the 4 major networks thru a local U.S. broadcast, most recently Miami as well as movies. Thanks to price pressure that is all gone now. The TV selection is very limited and is all Turner network originated programs, TNT, TBS, CNN etc.

Sorry to hear it but I feared such. It’s not that we hang around in our cabin that much, but once in a while, especially on a Longer cruise or when waiting for someone or something, it’s nice to watch a little TV.

Thanks for responding.

Yep, there is very little on TV. Last time, the only thing we found remotely interesting was in Spanish. The port talks and such are on there though. And you can download the carnival hub app on your phone. It's a much more user friendly option for booking excursions, checking the fun times, weather, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not much. Turned the TV off when he entered the cabin and didn't turn it back on for the rest of our 14 night cruise. Too many better things to do on the ship and we caught up on the news when we got home.

I am not a TV watcher but I like to leave it on at night for noise and light. I remember that there was a channel that just played movies.....not ones you had to pay for....it may have been the movies they were showing that week as dive in movies....they just ran continously