Help Please, Island Princess Southbound, Land First Cruisetour

Midwestoalaska

I understand that you can only take one bag each for the land portion of cruisetour. Does anyone know the number of bags you can send to the "Join Me Onboard" to be stored until our cruise. Thinking of each taking rolling carry on to help with packing space and possibly a medium suitcase if necessary. Thanks for any help!

On the train/bus you can take a small carry-on (usually cameras/valuables/meds). Space is pretty limited in buses and under seat on the train. The overhead on buses is MUCH smaller than what you see on an airplane, although they would probably let you throw a roller under the bus. How much do you really need for 4-5 hours between hotels?

Your "travel with me" normal sized suitcase (one per person) will magically appear in your room at each hotel. Generally it is only available at night in the hotel since it travels in a truck between stops. Most people dress casually on the tour, but you will likely need a jacket. A couple of changes of clothes is really all you need for the land portion.

The rest of your luggage, however much you have, gets stored in Anchorage until the cruise. When we were there the Captain Cook Hitel had three conference rooms stacked with luggage. On the day of your cruise they truck it down to Whittier and it will appear in your cabin. No real limit on this but you will need to store the empty suitcases either under your bed or in the closet onboard the ship and of course you need to get it all to Alaska.

Hotels and the cruise ship all have self-serve laundry facilities. Lots of folks save up their laundry from the land portion and do it on the ship.

I'll echo the previous reply.

I thought the same thing about the "one small bag" limit, but then I found that it was only for the train from Denali to Whittier.

There is no hard limit on the number of "travel with me" bags, although they will initially give you only two tags per person. All you need to do is go to the Princess desk at the hotel and ask for more. You will need two tags: the "travel with me" tag and the destination tag. The destination tag will be changed at each stop on the land tour (we stayed at McKinley and Denali Princess lodges).

Steve S