Coral Breeze Tours - need advise

cruisegirl1

Has anyone taken either of the two Coral Breeze Limited Tours excursions in Belize

River tubing or

Shark/Ray snorkeling at Caulker Cay.

We are considering one of these for our upcoming trip. We were in Belize last year and did a ship snorkeling tour.

Any comments about this company or particular tour will be appreciated.

Thanks so much

Marci

I did the shark/ray alley tour last October. It would have been great except they didn't use the large boat of theirs but leased a tiny one from another firm. The ride out and back was very bumpy and the ladder wasn't deep enough and they had to make it longer by attaching a rope in order for me to get back in the boat (I'm a big boy). I skipped shark/ray alley because I didn't want to go through that again. People who went said the bottom felt yucky due to seagrass, so wear water socks if you have them. No great loss for me because I had seen the singrays at Grand Cayman. I liked the visit to Caye Caulker. I had the local lobster which was good and Belikan beer which I highly recommend. There wasn't much time left after lunch to explore the island but I liked what I did see.

When I returned from my cruise I received an e-mail from Coral Breeze asking for my comments on the excursion. I mentioned the problem I had with the small boat and the ladder. They offered me a 50% refund which was more than fair.

The fact that they bothered to contact me to ask me about the excursion before I had a chance to get to them impressed me as well as the fact that they offered the refund. So in that respect I have to say they are good outfit to do business with. I understand that they cancelled excursions a week or so before mine, so obviously there was something going on there and they probably were desperate to get some sort of boat. I think I would have been more upset if I got there and there was no tour..

Lot's of information on here about them, and I've did it last November. Had a wonderful time, I was with a lot of first time cruises and this was the highlight of their cruise. We went to Caye Caulker for lunch and to spend some time and had a blast on the golf carts just roaming around the island. I'd love to go back and spend some time there, on Caye Caulker. Not much to do, but very, very laid back and relaxing. Enjoy

Archived