New Zealand Fiji cruises

bilbowallbo

Having a hard time finding cruise lines that cruise both New Zealand and Fiji on same itinarary.. Seems that both countries (islands) are geographically so close, why the major cruise lines don't offer such. Its either Australia/New Zealand or Fiji separately. We're seasoned cruisers and it (kind of) bugs me that there's no such offerings. Any insights appreciated. Thanks everyone.

To do that from Sydney would be a long cruise with lots of sea days. They only look 'close'. Go to www.cruisetimetables.com and choose Fiji as your Port of call. There are some, particularly April 2019, but they are not short cruises. You might want to visit the Australia/New Zealand board here and ask the locals why they aren't often offered. EM

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=712

EM

Edited by Essiesmom

I visited both on one cruise but it was part of a world cruise and two different segments. Visited Figi going from South America to Sydney, then New Zealand traveling between Sydney and San Francisco. Was around 45 days for the two segments.

Would love to visit both again.

Don

It takes over a week to get to the major New Zealand ports. So, any cruise that sees the major New Zealand ports plus Fiji has to be a very long one. Holland America has some cruises that might suit you. The shortest one I was able to find is a 17 day cruise starting in Auckland, going to 2 ports in New Zealand, then Fiji and ending up in Brisbane. It departs Auckland on March 28/19.

I wouldn't call Fiji close to New Zealand in that its at least 1600 miles (one way). To put it in perspective that is about the same distance from NYC to Puerto Rico! There are cruises that go to both places (we have done it a couple of times) but many are long Transpacific repositioning cruises. If you have a few weeks it is a wonderful cruise.

Hank