Norwegian Gem Specialty Restaurants

TiiiSailor

Using the Free at Sea Specialty Dinning option, what specialty restaurants can be used and which ones are not under that "freebie"? Reading the "small print" terms and conditions, I can't determine which ones fall into the allowed category.

I haven't yet sailed on the Gem, and on my last (and only) NCL cruise I didn't have the specialty dining package, but here is how I think it works:

• Le Bistro, Cagney's, and La Cucina are included. The SDP covers one main course per person but I believe you can order extra appetizers and desserts at no additional charge.* An additional main course would be charged.
  • Moderno is included.
  • There is an upcharge for Teppanyaki.
  • The other à la carte venues don't serve full dinners, so the SDP is irrelevant to them.

Now that I've said this, I'm confident that if any of it is wrong, someone who knows for sure will reply.

---------------

*There is sometimes confusion about this because there is a different dining benefit, offered to Platinum passengers, that doesn't include extra appetizers or desserts.

Using the Free at Sea Specialty Dinning option, what specialty restaurants can be used and which ones are not under that "freebie"? Reading the "small print" terms and conditions, I can't determine which ones fall into the allowed category.

Teppanyaki, Cagney's, La Cucina, LeBistro and Moderno are included in the Specility Dinning Package.

So if you have the three night SDP you can pick three of those restaurants (or one for three different nights).

I haven't yet sailed on the Gem, and on my last (and only) NCL cruise I didn't have the specialty dining package, but here is how I think it works:

• Le Bistro, Cagney's, and La Cucina are included. The SDP covers one main course per person but I believe you can order extra appetizers and desserts at no additional charge.* An additional main course would be charged.
  • Moderno is included.
  • There is an upcharge for Teppanyaki.
  • The other à la carte venues don't serve full dinners, so the SDP is irrelevant to them.

Now that I've said this, I'm confident that if any of it is wrong, someone who knows for sure will reply.

---------------

*There is sometimes confusion about this because there is a different dining benefit, offered to Platinum passengers, that doesn't include extra appetizers or desserts.

No upcharge for Teppanyaki. It is fully covered by your SDP. Sushi does have an upcharge.