TV in cabins?

lccruiser

Usually, you'll get a few cable channels, a bow-cam channel, a channel showing the time of day and a map of where you are (we tend to leave this one on all day with the sound muted), a channel showing a selection of the previous night's audience participation shows, a channel showing important safety information, and a channel showing the Diamonds International presentation (assuming your ship has one) on a continuous loop.

Nothing "over the air" you may get local stations in port but everything else is a satellite feed controlled by carnival

What is broadcast over the air in state rooms on TV.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

The TV's are set up for you to know what's going on on board the ship. The network channels are limited. There's CNN, cartoon network, and some other rarely viewed stations. One of the cut backs was removing the networks (ABC,NBC,CBS etc).

So, forget about the rest of the world and enjoy your days on board!

There is also the onboard movie channels and pay per view like option. The movie channels run a single movie each day, one a child appropriate the other usually a PG-13 drama, romance, or action genre. These are on a 2 hour loop starting at midnight, many times these will be movies that are or have been shown on the big screen up on the Lido deck recently (just not the same night). The pay per view option is more of adult subject matter, and will be listed on the final S&S account statement.

Just a heads up many times, except for cruise line generated content, channels will go offline, as the ship moves out of 1 satellite's service zone before reaching another. This can also affect the TVs in the sports bar.

The movie channels run a single movie each day, one a child appropriate the other usually a PG-13 drama, romance, or action genre.

On our last Pride cruise, January 2018, they rotated the movies on the free channels during the 24hr period. On our previous cruises they played the same move for a 24hr period as stated above.

There is also the onboard movie channels and pay per view like option. The movie channels run a single movie each day, one a child appropriate the other usually a PG-13 drama, romance, or action genre. These are on a 2 hour loop starting at midnight, many times these will be movies that are or have been shown on the big screen up on the Lido deck recently (just not the same night). The pay per view option is more of adult subject matter, and will be listed on the final S&S account statement.

Just a heads up many times, except for cruise line generated content, channels will go offline, as the ship moves out of 1 satellite's service zone before reaching another. This can also affect the TVs in the sports bar.

Just got off the Paradise and they no longer run a single movie per day. They had a rotation of about 6 movies that were looped throughout the cruise, with 30 minutes intermission between each successive movie. Off the top of my head, the movies were Sherlock Gnomes, Ferdinand, The Commuter, Murder on the Orient Express, Midnight Sun and one other movie (which I can't remember off the top of my head.)

On our last Pride cruise, January 2018, they rotated the movies on the free channels during the 24hr period. On our previous cruises they played the same move for a 24hr period as stated above.

Just got off the Paradise and they no longer run a single movie per day. They had a rotation of about 6 movies that were looped throughout the cruise, with 30 minutes intermission between each successive movie. Off the top of my head, the movies were Sherlock Gnomes, Ferdinand, The Commuter, Murder on the Orient Express, Midnight Sun and one other movie (which I can't remember off the top of my head.)

They must of changed it just after we disembarked from our last Pride cruise on 1/7/18

Don't think you'll find network channels on NCL or Royal, either. The prices just kept going up. Carnival chose Turner Network. CNN has world news.

Besides, with everyone having smart phones and available internet packages you can have your own personal entertainment channels. Or silence. Your choice.