Wine near Orlando Airport Hotels?

HangryGrl

We are staying in the Gateway Village/TG Lee area in Orlando the night before our December cruise. It looks like there are a lot of restaurants in the area but I am not seeing a grocery or liquor store. Does anyone know if there is a place to buy wine within walking distance of this area? We are ok with a bit of a hike but don't want to walk 5 miles each way. ;) Worse case we would be fine taking an UBER to the nearest Publix but thought I would check here first to see if anyone knew of somewhere within walking distance.

If you head north on Rte436 there are stores on both sides of the road. About 3 miles or so there’s a Walmart on the left side, and pretty sure there’s a Publix in the same area.Check in a gas station close by. Years ago I remember seeing wine. Lynx buses run up and down 436.

Kinda, all that link tells me is that Walgreens does sell liquor but not if it is legal to sell in stores across Florida. I actually did try googling when the comment was first posted but all I found were older articles from 2016 (like the below) where they were trying to change the law to allow them to carry liquor. I was just wondering if someone who actually lives in Florida or had been in this area knew for sure. Thanks for the link though.

https://therealdeal.com/miami/2016/01/03/national-retailers-renew-effort-to-repeal-liquor-law/

Some Walgreens have a separate liquor store but certainly not all of them. Usually in the same building but separated by a full wall, different entry doors and having separate checkout areas. Same thing with Publix grocery, some have it, many/most don't.

Not all of their stores are licensed to sell liquor. Wine and beer, yes.

data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipPQfm-DCJNIgkpgkYl2Il_BURf-02ueCB5uyvZQ!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipPQfm-DCJNIgkpgkYl2Il_BURf-02ueCB5uyvZQ%3Dw203-h152-k-no!7i3984!8i2988!4m5!3m4!1s0x88e7636daef50f6d:0x259ce085a5f03e93!8m2!3d28.468347!4d-81.3090011

Tried to insert image from Google Maps (if you google address, go to the images) for the Walgreens at

5702 Lee Vista Blvd, Orlando, FL 32822, US

Located in: Lee Vista Promenade

There are shelves of wine. I could not tell how recent the picture was, or if the image was verified as from the location.

Cheers! Roehl

Kinda, all that link tells me is that Walgreens does sell liquor but not if it is legal to sell in stores across Florida. I actually did try googling when the comment was first posted but all I found were older articles from 2016 (like the below) where they were trying to change the law to allow them to carry liquor. I was just wondering if someone who actually lives in Florida or had been in this area knew for sure. Thanks for the link though.

https://therealdeal.com/miami/2016/01/03/national-retailers-renew-effort-to-repeal-liquor-law/

I thought you wanted to know if the Walgreens we've been discussing carried wines. That link was specific to that Walgreens.