Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

I agree, Lois, and tastes I love, like the fruit and nuts and pepper and red onion, and yogurt.  I will put what I have not got on my next order, Mysty, and come back and report.  It is healthy too!

• Like 2

I usually soak the raisins in warm water for a bit to plump them up.  😁

21 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I agree, Lois, and tastes I love, like the fruit and nuts and pepper and red onion, and yogurt.  I will put what I have not got on my next order, Mysty, and come back and report.  It is healthy too!

Thanks - I think mine will be fine, as they are rather special ones I get to put in my breakfast yogurt and granola.  Order going in tomorrow for Thursday.  Yes, now I no longer drive I have a weekly order from Waitrose; a bit extravagant, but I can't carry heavy loads anyway.  They do have nice groceries.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, mysty said:

I usually soak the raisins in warm water for a bit to plump them up.  😁

I've been soaking myself in the pool a lot these past few weeks. Maybe that's my problem?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

I've been soaking myself in the pool a lot these past few weeks. Maybe that's my problem?

Have you been plumping up JP?  😁

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Thanks - I think mine will be fine, as they are rather special ones I get to put in my breakfast yogurt and granola.  Order going in tomorrow for Thursday.  Yes, now I no longer drive I have a weekly order from Waitrose; a bit extravagant, but I can't carry heavy loads anyway.  They do have nice groceries.

Lola, I’d be interested to know about your special raisins as l like to put them on my cereal…..

I love Waitrose and miss them with Ocado….l too have my weekly deliveries, l do still drive but not very far and supermarkets these days are no longer enjoyable 😊

Yes, they are Waitrose flame raisins, £3.50 for half a kilo. They are much 'plumper' than the W. essential ones, for baking,   which are £1.90 for half a kilo.  I hope you can get them from Ocado - maybe you don't have a W. store nearby.

27 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Yes, they are Waitrose flame raisins, £3.50 for half a kilo. They are much 'plumper' than the W. essential ones, for baking,   which are £1.90 for half a kilo.  I hope you can get them from Ocado - maybe you don't have a W. store nearby.

Thank you Lola…I’ll have a look……l do have a W in Chester so need to check if they’ll deliver….😊

I had one, when my baby twins were in the old fashioned terry and muslin nappies (diapers).  It was a boon at the time.  Quite a contrast to what happens today, but more sound environmentally. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I had one, when my baby twins were in the old fashioned terry and muslin nappies (diapers).  It was a boon at the time.  Quite a contrast to what happens today, but more sound environmentally. 

Mine was a hand me down when l was first married in 1973….baby came a few years later…remember those nappies well…a daily chore but had to be done and double trouble for you! 😊

4 minutes ago, MissSophia said:

Mine was a hand me down when l was first married in 1973….baby came a few years later…remember those nappies well…a daily chore but had to be done and double trouble for you! 😊

I still have one of the nappies - best dust cloth ever!

• Like 1

For those interested here is the solution for the crossword menu for the July tasting at Black Tartan Kitchen.   We're going on Saturday.  Yummy Yummy Yummy!

20240724_095554.thumb.jpg.63fddd525fab9ec50036031997f857a4.jpg

• Like 2

Might you be doing it after your dinner on the way  home from the Black Tartan Kitchen?

Looking forward to the photos and description of the esoteric dishes, M.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Might you be doing it after your dinner on the way  home from the Black Tartan Kitchen?

Looking forward to the photos and description of the esoteric dishes, M.

Lola, thus far I have managed to make the trek home on two limbs and not four.  However, there was no dancing involved.  🤣

• Haha 3