A Question about OBC...

lizp

Hi!

We have a cruise booked in November on the Pearl with my husband's grandparents. Husband and I have cruised w/ NCL before, Grandparents have not.

Our TA is calling our OBC "$100 per person," and she has confirmed that this is the amount we are eligible for and that this is the amount we will have on board.

On my NCL "Resevation At-a-Glance" page, it shows "Onboard Spending Money" of $200 for my husband and I, and $100 for the Grandparents.

Under "Included Items" we have listed "Free $50 USD On-Board Credit Certificate Non -Refundable" with qty 2, same listing for both reservations. So that is also $100 per stateroom.

I called NCL to confirm the promotions and how much OBC we have. They told me to check with my TA. They emailed me an "Amentiy Confirmation" which lists the "Free $50 USD On-Board Credit Certificate Non -Refundable" for each guest.

I *think* what is happening here, is we have "Onboard Spending Money" of $100 per stateroom, plus the "Included Items" of $50pp, which totals $200 (or $100 per person) that our TA promised. For my husband and I, as repeat cruisers, I *think* we have an additional "Onboard Spending Money" of $100, which is why it's showing as $200.

I can't get a clear answer out of TA or NCL; has anyone experienced this? Am I correct in assuming that the two separate items are actually separate items? I know you guys are experts at navigating this stuff, hopefully someone can shed some light! :D

Either way, we're happy with the OBC, just would like to confirm if we have $400 or $500 between the 4 of us. :D:D

This ..

'On my NCL "Resevation At-a-Glance" page, it shows "Onboard Spending Money" of $200 for my husband and I, and $100 for the Grandparents.'

..is OBC directly from NCL. It is non-refundable. Spend it or lose it. You cannot use it to pay DSC.

This..

'Under "Included Items" we have listed "Free $50 USD On-Board Credit Certificate Non -Refundable" with qty 2, same listing for both reservations. So that is also $100 per stateroom. '

..is most likely from you TA. It is also non-refundable. Spend it or lose it. You cannot use it to pay DSC.

It LOOKS LIKE you have a grand total of $500 NON-REFUNDABLE OBC, but I may be reading that incorrectly.

depending on the how the TA codes the OBC in your reservation determines if it is visible online in your travel docs or Reservation At-a-Glance page.

This type of onboard credit does not get posted to your onboard account until the next day or so and you usually get a card delivered to the room that says xxx amount of onboard credit is posted to your account.