In port from 1pm-9pm... Any suggestions with kids?

lunagirl

Sooo, we are going to be visiting Costa Maya in October for the first time with 3 kids (Age 10, 9, and almost 2). We will be in port from 1pm-9pm. We considered Maya Chan, but I am not sure if it would be a good choice for such a limited amount of time.

I am a little concerned about the algae as well. One kid is super sensitive to smells. All three kids love the beach.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Sooo, we are going to be visiting Costa Maya in October for the first time with 3 kids (Age 10, 9, and almost 2). We will be in port from 1pm-9pm. We considered Maya Chan, but I am not sure if it would be a good choice for such a limited amount of time.

I am a little concerned about the algae as well. One kid is super sensitive to smells. All three kids love the beach.

The seaweed may well have cleared by then - no way to tell at this time.

If not, with kids that age I might try the overpriced water park (although not sure if with those hours it would be worth it at all) or stay in the port area where there is a pool, aviary plus other attractions.

We didn’t stay long in the pool area ( no kids) but it has been pleasantly renovated from in the past and could easily occupy a few hours with kids. Eat before leaving the ship - food and drinks expensive.

If not, with kids that age I might try the overpriced water park (although not sure if with those hours it would be worth it at all) or stay in the port area where there is a pool, aviary plus other attractions.

Is the pool just in the public port area or is it part of a restaurant?

Is the pool just in the public port area or is it part of a restaurant?

You can read about changes to the port area in the photo review by Mitsugirly

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2568508&page=22

Start at post #429.

The pool is in the public area and is free, as far as I know, never used it but it certainly used to be. Not sure about rules regarding kids in diapers- you would need to research that if needed.

• 3 months later...

Where did you wind up going, OP?

On 8/7/2018 at 9:01 PM, lunagirl said:

In '16 we had the same time in port and had plenty of time at Maya Chan. Each party has their own area, great service, food, drinks and many water activities included. We are going to be in Costa Maya in Feb but Maya Chan was sold out, it is that popular. This time we opted for Jaimies Blue Reef based on a first hand review on this board. I am sure it will not be as isolated and private as Maya Chan since it is closer to the port, Maya Chan is quite a ways down the coast.

• 1 month later...

We ended up doing Jaime's Blue Reef and had the best time.  The water was clear and perfect for the kids.  The food and drinks (especially ceviche and tacos) were amazing and the service was top notch.  I wouldn't hesitate to go back.