Norwegian Haven Penthouse Suite vs Celebrity Sky Suite

Georgia_Peaches

For those of you who've sailed in both types of accommodations will you please speak to how the Penthouse Suite compares with the Sky Suite... I'm not asking about associated suite perks but rather, the stateroom/balcony itself. Is one better, worse, about the same?

Thank you!

You can find plenty of you tube video walk throughs of each. I guess it depends which ships you’re talking about, but size is generally the same. Celebrity bathrooms seem to be a little larger as are their balconies. Celebrity doesn’t have a separate pool/courtyard but the ships are generally quieter and less crowded, so probably not as needed. Location of NCL CYPH is great as they’re seconds from the restaurant/bar.

For those of you who've sailed in both types of accommodations will you please speak to how the Penthouse Suite compares with the Sky Suite... I'm not asking about associated suite perks but rather, the stateroom/balcony itself. Is one better, worse, about the same?

Thank you!

Stayed in an H5 on the Escape and a Sky Suite on the Reflection. Sky Suite is a bit more spacious in general with a full couch as opposed to the chair in the H5. Bathrooms were about equal in size. Both very nice cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the information. I'm on Breakaway in a CYPH and was on Reflection in a Sky suite so this gives me a good point of reference.

Georgia_Peaches - you can see my prior cruises in the signature below. On NCL, I have only ever booked a 2-bedroom Family Villa (1x on Pearl, 2x on Epic) and an Aqua Suite on Reflection (now a S1 Sky Suite). Here are my thoughts:

1. I would book the 2-BR Family Villa over a Penthouse for the extra space.
  2. The Aqua Suite that I booked on Reflection was stateroom 2109 (hump angled balcony). I'd say that the bathroom on my Reflection cruise was a bit bigger than a PH bathroom on any Haven Courtyard PH Suite. The balconies on Haven PH or 2BR Family Villas are generally smaller.

While the benefits of Suite Class on Celebrity have been elevated during the time I was booking Haven suites on NCL, and some will debate where the value is better, I find more benefit in having all of the NCL suite areas (courtyard, sundeck, pool, steam/sauna, mini-gym, concierge, lounge, and restaurant) closer together. The Edge class ships coming on-line in 2018 and beyond will peak my interest, but only after seeing more details and reading more from what folks have to post from their actual on-board experiences.

I am researching / planning for my first small ship luxury cruise and that first experience may change the way I look at cost and perceived value in the future.