cruise personalizer

espmass

I'll be on the Golden April1. I just completed the pre-registration on the cruise personalizer. Last time I was on princess (less than a year ago I think), I was able to check preferences for types of fruit, drinks for the fridge, egg crates for the bed etc. This time the only thing they asked was if i want a robe. Have they changed the selections or have I missed something?

Nope, I just checked again. They gave me the choice of a robe and I was able to indicate celebrations and what activities I am interested in but that's about it. Last time I cruised with princess I was able to indicate choices of soda I wanted stocked in the fridge, types of fruit I liked for a fruit bowl, egg crate for the mattress if desired, extra pillows, etc. Nothing like that this time.

You just have to register on the Princess website to have access to the personalizer..that being said,nobody on-board reads it,you have to ask your cabin steward for the robes and what type of sodas you prefer him to replenish the fridge with.As far as the fruits he will leave a card that you check off your selections each night and they will forward it to room service who will then bring your selection.The most important feature that does get used is your personal information for pre-registration.As far as the celebration observed..the purser office will usually drop off a card in your door mailbox that you can give to the hostess in the dining room the night you want to celebrate.If you want the ballons,again you "usually" have to ask your room steward and they willl take care of it.

You just have to register on the Princess website to have access to the personalizer..that being said,nobody on-board reads it,you have to ask your cabin steward for the robes and what type of sodas you prefer him to replenish the fridge with.

They had all our requests in the cabin when we arrived ...so I guess someone reads the personalizer. ;)

They've never had our requestes in our cabins. I had even faxed Princess prior to our cruise requesting robes, pillows, and the egg crate mattress pad in our cabin and they still weren't there. As soon as we're on board we do request the items and tip our room steward $20 and our stuff is always there quickly.

I had completed my cruise personalizer for a previous cruise. My next cruise was only 2 weeks away (and now my next one is not for over a year!) I didn't have time to do it again.

anyway the first day of the second cruise was my birthday...nothing on my door...but they brought a birthday cake to my table that night! so it does get looked at.

Archived