Sample Portofino Menu

Appetizers, Soups, Salads

Carpaccio Con Scaglie Di Parmigiano- Thinly sliced seared tenderloin with a salad of shaved fennel, argula and sun-dried tomatoes, finished with lemon-infused olive oil and roasted pine seeds

Sformato Al Formaggio Caprino, Insalatina Di Campo E Funghi Trifolati Profumati Al Tartufo- Warm double baked goat cheese souffle served on a bed of forest mushrooms with crisp garden greens, sage-infused cream and drizzled with truffle oil

Risotto Ai Gamberetti- Tiger shrimp sauteed with fresh herbs on a bed of creamy saffron risotto

Insalata Caprese- Vine ripened yellow and red teardrop tomatoes with baby broccocini, basil, and red onion

Zuppa Lagunare Agli Asparagi E Filetti Di Trota Affumicata- Cream of asparagus with julienne-smoked river trout

Zuppa Fredda Di Pomodori E Peperoni Dolci Con Capesante Ed Avocado- Chilled plum tomato and pepper soup with seared scallops and avacado

Zuppa Del Giorno- Soup of the day

Insalata Di Pere E Gorgonzola- Mesclun greens, crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, slices of crip pears and roasted candied walnuts served with house dressing

Insalata All Cesare- Romaine lettuce with shaved parmesan, herb croutons, and traditional dressing. Prepared a la minute in the dining room

Pasta

Penne D'angelo, Salsa Di Pomodoro San Marzono Con Prosciutto Crudo E Basilico- Penne pasta with vine-ripened tomoatoes, prosciutto, fresh basil, and shaved Parmesan cheese

Pappardelle Mantecate Con Crema Marscaponem, Funghi Arrosto E Timo- Ribbon pasta with roasted mushrooms and fresh thyme, lightly tossed in a marscapone cream sauce

Spaghetti All'arargosta E Mazzancolle- Chunks of lobster, roasted zucchini, and garden peas, with a piquant lobster basil sauce

Main Courses

Gamberoni Cotti In Padella Al Profumo Di Mare- Tiger shrimp, roasted garlic and fresh herbs, served on a bed of grilled asparagus and baby vegetables

Saltimbocca Alla Romana- Thinly sliced veal wrapped with fresh sage abd prosciutto, pan-friend with porcini mushrom risotto and Marsala jus

Filetto Di Manzo Alla Piastra- Girlled North American beef tenderloin on creamy truffle mashed potatoes, roasted and carmelized garlic and seasonal vegetables

Filetto Di Tonno Ai Ferri Marinato Con Succo Di Limone Ed Olio Extra-Vergine D'Oliva- Olive oil and lemon marinated tuna steak with grilled fennel and chili-tomato compote

Scaloppa Di Pollo Alla Parmigiana, Salsa Di Pomodoro E Pesto Alla Genovese- Corn-fed chicken, baked with eggplant and mozzarella, with an herbed potato cake and Ligurian tomato-pesto sauce

Filetto Di Halibut "Ippoglosso" Alla Piastra- Grilled fillet of Atlantic halibut on wilted baby spinach, with lobster ravioli and roasted purple onions, sun-dried tomato confit and basil oil

Desserts

Torta Al Cioccolato Gianduia E Mandorle Con Crema Al Caramello E Gelato Al Caffe Espresso- Flourless gianduia chocolate cake, served with semi-whipped espresso cream

Tiramisu Alla Portofino- A traditional favorite, with crushed marinated rasperries

Rollo Di Neve Meringata Alla Nocciole Tostate Ripieno Con Panna Profumata Al Frangelico, Crema Al Caffe- Roasted hazelnut meringue on mixed forest berries with Frangelico sabayon

Pannacotta Alla Veneziana con Agrumi Profumati Alla Menta- Buttermilk panna cotta with a refreshing minted citrus salad

Tartufo Di Cioccolato Bianco Al Latte Con Fragole- White chocolate truffle cake with vintage balsamic vinegar, tossed strawberries

Cheeses

Scelta Di Formaggi Assortiti- A samping of Italian cheeses

Wow...this was by far the hardest thing I have ever typed. I really wish I knew Italian!!!

Is the menu the same every nite? I take it you think this was worth the $20 surcharge. We are on the Voyager in March and we want to experience ship dining as well, which nites do you recommend we miss in the dining room? Can you book Portofino before the cruise via RCI website? Sorry so many questions but it has been a few years since we last cruised!

Is the menu the same every nite? I take it you think this was worth the $20 surcharge. We are on the Voyager in March and we want to experience ship dining as well, which nites do you recommend we miss in the dining room? Can you book Portofino before the cruise via RCI website? Sorry so many questions but it has been a few years since we last cruised!

I honestly don't know. I have never eaten there. I got this information out of the new TA guide. I'm typing what they have in there.

Last year on the Voyager the Portofino menu was the same every night, with one exception, lobster was available in Portofino on the same night that it was being served in the main dining rooms. Ask the Maitre 'd at Portofinos if this is still correct. This may influence which night you wish to reserve.

Hypo

Appetizers, Soups, Salads

Carpaccio Con Scaglie Di Parmigiano- Thinly sliced seared tenderloin with a salad of shaved fennel, argula and sun-dried tomatoes, finished with lemon-infused olive oil and roasted pine seeds

Thanks so much for taking the time to type this out! We've been wondering whether the Carpaccio was still on the menu. Had it on VOS a couple years back and absolutely have craved it since.

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for taking the time to type this out! We've been wondering whether the Carpaccio was still on the menu. Had it on VOS a couple years back and absolutely have craved it since.

Thanks again!

My pleasure. :)

Been on two RCI cruises, but always ate in the dining room, and never tried Portfino's. Right now my stomach is growling and my mouth is watering...we are definitely going to try it on our upcoming cruise! Thanks for your efforts:)

You're quite welcome. I am also salivating at the thought of eating there. :p

Thanks again!

We ordered Carpaccio in a cafe on the Champs D'Ellyses in Paris and the beef was RAW! :eek: On the Portofino menu it specifically says "seared". Anyone know how real Carpaccio is supposed to be? The raw stuff in Paris was a bit weird to eat but I must admit it was tasty and we didn't feel the least bit sick. Can't wait to try it in Portofino on Mariner but I'm curious which was is the authentic way to prepare it.

• 2 weeks later...
We ordered Carpaccio in a cafe on the Champs D'Ellyses in Paris and the beef was RAW! :eek: On the Portofino menu it specifically says "seared". Anyone know how real Carpaccio is supposed to be? The raw stuff in Paris was a bit weird to eat but I must admit it was tasty and we didn't feel the least bit sick. Can't wait to try it in Portofino on Mariner but I'm curious which was is the authentic way to prepare it.

If anyone is still out there:

Raw! We lived in Northern Italy for four months several years ago. It is always thin sliced , usually beef, with olive oil and/or lemon. My wife loves it. Next to Maryland soft shell crabs, it is her favorite. Check Wikipedia for more information.

Thanks for posting the menu. We are on September Trans-Atlantic Jewel, And I am now certain we will have at least one dinner at Portofino.

Bob ;)

Roger that - RAW. Actually, I believed it is seared and removed rather quickly from the heat... however it is put together - it is great! We ate at Portofinos on AOS a couple of weeks ago and now I'm craving it again.... Guess it's time to book another cruise on a Portofino-equipped ship....

• 1 month later...

EggDropErin - Your menu for Porofinos' was so easy to read.

Would you by any chance have Chops' menu in the same format?

It would definitely be easier to type....Thanks. M

EggDropErin - Your menu for Porofinos' was so easy to read.

Would you by any chance have Chops' menu in the same format?

It would definitely be easier to type....Thanks. M

Yes I do. The link is in my signature. :)

We went to Portofino on the Seranade in December and it was fabulous. I am definitely a "foodie", and it more that met my expectations. I had the Saltimbocca and it was outstanding. I had the same dish recently at one of my favorite Italian restaurants in Chicago, and I thought the dish on Seranade was better!

We went to Portofino on the Seranade in December and it was fabulous. I am definitely a "foodie", and it more that met my expectations. I had the Saltimbocca and it was outstanding. I had the same dish recently at one of my favorite Italian restaurants in Chicago, and I thought the dish on Seranade was better!

Yum! That's encouraging! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived