Sample Portofino Menu

I'll have one of those, and one of those and one of those! :D We tried Chops but didn't get to Portofino's. I think we'll have to make that a priority next time!

how was the dining in Chops ?? what types of selections did they feature ??

We really enjoyed Portofino on our Mariner cruise in April.

I remember several different menu items (I had a skewer of shrimp, lobster and salmon), and they acted as though we could have anything we wanted, including more than one entree. But the dishes were richer and the portions a bit larger than the regular dining room - there was no way we could eat more!

Also, I had the coolest dessert - they had 4 miniatures of their desserts arranged on a little tray - I got to taste them all! Yum!

thanks so much for putting in all those menus and AO info... is that all from the Freedom ?:)

You're welcome. The information I have posted is not ship-specific. It is from this years RCI Travel Agent guide and meant to serve as samples and examples. :)

Ahhh well that is good to know.. it all looks fab. I have never cruised before and have only gone to Mexico, LV and Cuba over the past 10 years so I am sure this will be fancy, yummy and good enough for me, my DH and my kids. I am sooooo looking forward to the whole experience.:D

Ahhh well that is good to know.. it all looks fab. I have never cruised before and have only gone to Mexico, LV and Cuba over the past 10 years so I am sure this will be fancy, yummy and good enough for me, my DH and my kids. I am sooooo looking forward to the whole experience.:D

You won't be disappointed. Portofino's is delicious!

I love Portofino. I would go there every night on a cruise, but my husband isn't the foodie I am. We will go again on Mariner, and if the others with us want to go to Chops, we will do that too. If not, I would go to Portofino another night.

Carpaccio I had in Italy was raw and it was great. I could have the seared Carpaccio, but somehow last time I missed a couple of appetizers I would love to have. I had the grape grape tomatoes with baby mozzarella, but I would also like the goat cheese. Well, maybe this time, I will have 3 appetizers. Last time I had no soup, but the salad with pears, and the pasta ribbons with mushroom sauce, and when it came time for the filet, I had about 3 bites, if that.

We took the dessert back to the cabin. So much good food. I can hardly wait until November.

• 3 months later...
Appetizers, Soups, Salads

Carpaccio Con Scaglie Di Parmigiano- Thinly sliced seared tenderloin with a salad of shaved fennel, argula and sun-dried tomatoes, finished with lemon-infused olive oil and roasted pine seeds

Sformato Al Formaggio Caprino, Insalatina Di Campo E Funghi Trifolati Profumati Al Tartufo- Warm double baked goat cheese souffle served on a bed of forest mushrooms with crisp garden greens, sage-infused cream and drizzled with truffle oil

Risotto Ai Gamberetti- Tiger shrimp sauteed with fresh herbs on a bed of creamy saffron risotto

Insalata Caprese- Vine ripened yellow and red teardrop tomatoes with baby broccocini, basil, and red onion

Zuppa Lagunare Agli Asparagi E Filetti Di Trota Affumicata- Cream of asparagus with julienne-smoked river trout

Zuppa Fredda Di Pomodori E Peperoni Dolci Con Capesante Ed Avocado- Chilled plum tomato and pepper soup with seared scallops and avacado

Zuppa Del Giorno- Soup of the day

Insalata Di Pere E Gorgonzola- Mesclun greens, crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, slices of crip pears and roasted candied walnuts served with house dressing

Insalata All Cesare- Romaine lettuce with shaved parmesan, herb croutons, and traditional dressing. Prepared a la minute in the dining room

Pasta

Penne D'angelo, Salsa Di Pomodoro San Marzono Con Prosciutto Crudo E Basilico- Penne pasta with vine-ripened tomoatoes, prosciutto, fresh basil, and shaved Parmesan cheese

Pappardelle Mantecate Con Crema Marscaponem, Funghi Arrosto E Timo- Ribbon pasta with roasted mushrooms and fresh thyme, lightly tossed in a marscapone cream sauce

Spaghetti All'arargosta E Mazzancolle- Chunks of lobster, roasted zucchini, and garden peas, with a piquant lobster basil sauce

Main Courses

Gamberoni Cotti In Padella Al Profumo Di Mare- Tiger shrimp, roasted garlic and fresh herbs, served on a bed of grilled asparagus and baby vegetables

Saltimbocca Alla Romana- Thinly sliced veal wrapped with fresh sage abd prosciutto, pan-friend with porcini mushrom risotto and Marsala jus

Filetto Di Manzo Alla Piastra- Girlled North American beef tenderloin on creamy truffle mashed potatoes, roasted and carmelized garlic and seasonal vegetables

Filetto Di Tonno Ai Ferri Marinato Con Succo Di Limone Ed Olio Extra-Vergine D'Oliva- Olive oil and lemon marinated tuna steak with grilled fennel and chili-tomato compote

Scaloppa Di Pollo Alla Parmigiana, Salsa Di Pomodoro E Pesto Alla Genovese- Corn-fed chicken, baked with eggplant and mozzarella, with an herbed potato cake and Ligurian tomato-pesto sauce

Filetto Di Halibut "Ippoglosso" Alla Piastra- Grilled fillet of Atlantic halibut on wilted baby spinach, with lobster ravioli and roasted purple onions, sun-dried tomato confit and basil oil

Desserts

Torta Al Cioccolato Gianduia E Mandorle Con Crema Al Caramello E Gelato Al Caffe Espresso- Flourless gianduia chocolate cake, served with semi-whipped espresso cream

Tiramisu Alla Portofino- A traditional favorite, with crushed marinated rasperries

Rollo Di Neve Meringata Alla Nocciole Tostate Ripieno Con Panna Profumata Al Frangelico, Crema Al Caffe- Roasted hazelnut meringue on mixed forest berries with Frangelico sabayon

Pannacotta Alla Veneziana con Agrumi Profumati Alla Menta- Buttermilk panna cotta with a refreshing minted citrus salad

Tartufo Di Cioccolato Bianco Al Latte Con Fragole- White chocolate truffle cake with vintage balsamic vinegar, tossed strawberries

Cheeses

Scelta Di Formaggi Assortiti- A samping of Italian cheeses

Wow...this was by far the hardest thing I have ever typed. I really wish I knew Italian!!!

Thank you! Thank you, Thank you!:p

Thanks for posting the menu. We were on Mariner last week and the menu is a bit different. There wasn't any goat cheese souffle. Yes Carpaccio is normally raw, but it is seared at Portofino.

The menu also had a combo of shrimp, lobster tail and other seafood. My brother in law had the shrimp with risotto as the pasta course and the seafood for the main course. We had the mascarpone pasta and filet mignon. Both were wonderful. I don't think anyone could eat two main courses with all the other courses. I am a big eater, but didn't have any soup and had trouble when I got to the main course. So much food, but I did eat a little steak but I saved room for the flourless chocolate cake. Yum!! Below is the thread with the new menu.

Katie

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=450062

• 1 year later...

Honestly the pasta serving isn't that small, we dined at Portofino twice while on the Explorer recently, just returned Friday, boo hoo. I'd been before on previous cruises so already knew pretty much what i wanted, i just love the ribbon pasta with the mushroom sauce, when we went last week on Valentines we weren't too hungry as we'd had a late lunch but i managed to almost finish the pasta, we had ordered the halibut as our main, it was a huge piece, very delicious, only ate about 1/4 of it. We definetly should have skipped lunch that day, kind of spoiled the Portofino event, which is one not to be missed. Each of the women diners that evening was given a long stemmed red rose, very classy.

The first time we went we both had the filet mignon as our main, it was the best.

Don't pass up on the chance to eat at Portofino!!!!!

The menu in Portofino on Freedom in December was a bit different. We had excellent calamari frito with two sauces and a seared scallop on risotto appetizer. We had a seafood linguine as a side along with our entrees; it could have been a satisfying meal on its own. They also had the skewers of salmon, lobster, etc. We came away extremely full - I also couldn't stay away from the breads. Yummy.

• 1 year later...

I am such a visual person..... does anyone have any pictures of the items served in Portofino's????:confused:

No pictures however there have been plenty posted.

FYI - this thread is old and the menus have recently changed. Check out the F&B FAQ section on RCCL's website.

###

Archived