Thanksgiving Orlando or Cocoa Beach

dewats784

We are flying into Orlando on Thanksgiving Day. We will be cruising out of Port Canavaral on the next day. We will arrive around 1:00pm. Trying to decide which would be better, staying in Orlando or going on to Cocoa Beach. I know this is a tourist area, so a lot of things will be open, but with coming in that early and not being able to check into a hotel til around 4:00pm which would be the best place in your opinion to find lunch and something to occupy our time for the rest of the day. Will anything be open at the Cocoa Beach Pier? Will there be any shopping open in Orlando? Help!!

What a ridiculous thing to say about Orlando. The area has lots of independent restaurants and considering it's a tourist mecca, the staff are generally well trained and professional.

Mr. Ridiculous here. That's my honest opinion after spending the recent fourth on our family vacation.

Orlando is a large metro area with thousands of restaurants, chain and independent. It's not a matter of opinion.

I wouldn't worry about a 4 p.m. check-in; if you arrive at 1, it'll be 2 by the time you get off the plane, get your bags, and/or get a car. If you head to Cocoa Beach, that'll take another hour.

I'd head to the beach rather than stay in Orlando. Traffic that weekend can be a nightmare, and I'd rather be closer to the port earlier.

Orlando is a large metro area with thousands of restaurants, chain and independent. It's not a matter of opinion.

You have to venture away from the chains. Orlando is very much a foodie city, with oodles and oodles of wonderful choices in every price range, from little holes in the wall to upscale dining. Even the tourist areas have some great places to eat.

You have to venture away from the chains. Orlando is very much a foodie city, with oodles and oodles of wonderful choices in every price range, from little holes in the wall to upscale dining. Even the tourist areas have some great places to eat.

Of course, that's why I said the comment that Orlando only has chain restaurants with bad service is utterly ridiculous.