Fort Lauderdale - hotel - port....Help please

Guest hockeychic

Thanks to Sea Fan's post on our PC thread, I booked a 2Q suite at SI in Dania, FL (FLL) at the rate of $113.44 including tax! Seniors over 60 get a whopping 30% off! WooHoo!

Vada:cool:

Jo and I got the over 60 rate also. Sorry that I forgot to mention it, so if anyone is ove sixty change that rate. Too bad we aren't going to be there for the SIM&M Beej

The cheapest I can find for March 2, is 159.00+tax. I do not qualify for the senior discount:(

:mad:

I guess, I will book it..and hope for lower closer to date!

We are going 8night on Radiance of the Sea (RCI)! 20th Anniversary Cruise!

Cruiserkatie~I would book it that way at least you know you have a room, then keep checking around. Guess there is alot going on in March hence the higher rate. She first quoted me $79.99 with out the discount because she thought I said August. I was getting all excited, but I'm content since it includes the shuttles.

Good luck

Made a special point to drive by HIE for you. The property looks very nice and there is a brand new Candlewood Suites (also IC Hotels) being built next door. There is an older shopping center across the street with a Winn Dixie grocery store. The area is not as rough looking as I remembered, and I agree with Bequia that I would not venture out at night except by cab right from the hotel. But to arrive at FLL and go to the hotel and then transfer to the pier in the morning, I would not hesitate. It's extremely convenient to both the airport and the pier, and looks very nice from the outside, appears to be fairly new.

Thanks for doing this for us staying at the HIX. It was very nice of you and very informative information. ~mary~:)

:)

Any one know why the Extended Stay on 17th St would be sold out on Jan 20, 2007? They show availability the week before and after so I am sure they have listed their Jan inventory at this time. We stayed there last year pre cruise and it is just a perfect location and was in much better condition than the HI express was the last time we stayed there.

I have been looking for Jan 07 as well. Several of the hotels I've called have said they are sold out. There is a boat show in town.

You are all so helpful. I just called and booked a room at the Sleep Inn in Dania for January. I mentioned that one of us was 60 and the rated dropped down from $143.99 to $119.99, better than the "50+ mature" rate. I never would have known about the "60 thing" had I not read your posts. :D

BoozeBrothers~What rate did you get for Sleep Inn in Oct? I just booked there for Oct 13th and got $80.99 (Internet users rate/AAA) plus tax. We stayed there in Oct of 04 and I think only paid $69. Guess prices have gone up! Imagine that!

Morning Sleep iners, I read somewhere that they moved the date of the boat show. If that is true and they pushed it to March, that would explain prices. Also high season and beginning school breaks. We are happy with our $79.99 for end of August (Labor Day Week End) With shuttles it is a steal compared to all i looked at. Even Priceline couldn't compete since you have to throw in taxis and that is hefty. Beej

BoozeBrothers~What rate did you get for Sleep Inn in Oct? I just booked there for Oct 13th and got $80.99 (Internet users rate/AAA) plus tax. We stayed there in Oct of 04 and I think only paid $69. Guess prices have gone up! Imagine that!

P.A. We're paying $89. + for Oct. 27. There's a boat show in town so they raised the rates to about $159. for that weekend. I booked back in Feb. I asked about the senior rate and they would only give it to me if I paid the $159. rate. Da, don't think I'll do that. For Nov. 24th we're paying $99.+. It still isn't too bad. Mimi

P.A. We're paying $89. + for Oct. 27. There's a boat show in town so they raised the rates to about $159. for that weekend. I booked back in Feb. I asked about the senior rate and they would only give it to me if I paid the $159. rate. Da, don't think I'll do that. For Nov. 24th we're paying $99.+. It still isn't too bad. Mimi

OK, I'm good then with my rate. It was a nice enough hotel for us when we stayed there last time. Lots of pre cruisers there. I didn't know about the Publix store down the street though. We just walked over to Walgreens and picked up some cokes and things. It's directly across the street.

Have fun! :-)

Does anyone know if they have a secured area at the Sleep Inn if we leave our car there for the duration of our cruise? I've made a reservation at the Ramada Inn Airport/Cruise and am considering cancelling it after everything I've read on this board.

Thanks.

I can't believe how many of the hotels were booked for Mar. 10/07! And the ones that weren't cost a kings' ransom.

We booked at the Hampton Inn Airport and they said free shuttle to/from airport and to/from the pier. The cost was still pretty high though - $179 plus tax but it included breakfast the next day.

I haven't seen anything on this board about this hotel. Did I make a good choice or should I dump it and go elsewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Kim

I'm from Ontario - not even sure if we have Hampton Inns here. That's why I was asking. Is that the same as a "Holiday Inn is a Holiday Inn"? As in they are ok but nothing special but at least you can be sure you're going to be clean and dry and safe?

Kim

I'm from Ontario - not even sure if we have Hampton Inns here. That's why I was asking. Is that the same as a "Holiday Inn is a Holiday Inn"? As in they are ok but nothing special but at least you can be sure you're going to be clean and dry and safe?

Kim

If you go to tripadvisor.com they have it ranked #13 out of 135 hotels in Ft Lauderdale. Seems like there is good comments and it is a Hilton chain so it should be okay. They have pictures of it also.

Good luck and hope this helps. ~mary~

Archived