Can anyone show me where it says 2 person per Retreat Cabana on Nieuw Amsterdam

leela8

Having booked cabanas on 5 HAL ships, and seen how the crew handles more than 2, I can assure you the policy is 2 people. Does that mean you can have visitors for a short time? No. But it does mean they don't allow more than 2 in a standard cabana.

The family cabanas are about 3 times the size of the standard cabana.

It's right in the cabana literature. Hers is a copy of what I just booked from a few weeks ago. I realize that it doesn't say 2018, but it's current.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s88/sh/2048bac0-3229-4e6d-93c7-7be4e855c7f9/77a74d052d79bcda1bf6f99e770c3068

It says "for two adults with two loungers" on page 2 in the pricing table.

Thank you, I was looking everywhere and could not find the verbiage, ships services told me that if we want a third person they will charge 25.00 a day for the 7 day voyage, and I could not find that anywhere in the brochure. A family cabana is not available for the voyage.

In all honesty, I've never seen the extra $25 per day for the extra person language. I just reread the literature and it's not there.

Maybe it's something that ship's services has on an internal memo.

Just so you are aware, there are only two loungers in the Nieuw Amsterdam cabanas. There's also a small table and two chairs. There's plenty of room in the common area though.

Thank you for the info.

I am trying to decide about a retreat cabana on a Hawaii cruise. We have 10 sea days so a cabana sounds great, just wondering about the weather crossing the Pacific Ocean in November?

Does anyone have experience with this?

Are the partitions between the retreat cabanas on the Eurodam solid or fabric?

Lastly are you looking thru plastic or glass on the side retreat cabanas and does this effect the view?

Ship Services now says that you cannot pay for an extra person. Since the family cabana's are rented, we are going to get two cabanas. I hate to spend that much money but I don't want to worry about getting kicked out.

Thank you for the info.

I am trying to decide about a retreat cabana on a Hawaii cruise. We have 10 sea days so a cabana sounds great, just wondering about the weather crossing the Pacific Ocean in November?

Lastly are you looking thru plastic or glass on the side retreat cabanas and does this effect the view?

Pretty sure cabanas on Eurodam have solid sides. You are looking through glass...there can be a little glare at times. Otherwise no problem.

Thank you for the info.

The side cabanas are glass facing the ocean. The walls between the cabanas are a stiff material, probably some sort of plastic or thick vinyl. It's not flexible. Could be a space age polymer. The opening has two fabric "doors" that are usually rolled open and tied