Confused about Nights Cruised vs. Reward Nights and status level

I was looking at my account on the regent website to see how many more nights we needed to make it to the next status level. I was surprised to see the need for more nights than I had previously calculated. When I go into the detail, the math works that the calculation of needed nights is based on actual cruise nights rather than credited "Reward Nights which are also posted. While most readers will not be familiar with this, there were a few cruises right after the "Great Recession" where certain bookings on board were credited with double nights as an incentive to book since the economy was poor and bookings were down. We took advantage of this and received about 42 "extra" Reward nights. These nights are acknowledged in the total of "Reward Nights" on the site but based on the calculations performed they are not counting towards the next status level. If not, what value do the "reward" nights have?

Maybe this is a glitch in the system but it seems to me that somehow we are not getting the proper credit. Has anybody else experienced this? How do we get it fixed? The folks on the phone lines are usually very helpful but they do not understand this particular issue.

My apologies if there was some historical post on this matter but I do not recall seeing one.

Thanks in advance for your helpful responses.

Best,

John

John,

You're so right - very few people understand. It took a while for our nights to make sense. What is "off" is the nights until next level. We were told to only pay attention to what is on our invoices which is a total of our bonus nights plus the nights cruised. In any case, we are so far from the next milestone that it hardly matters. We actually have 585 nights before reaching the next level. Here is a pasted copy of what is on the rssc.com website for me. We did reach Titanium level when the Reward Nights totaled 400.

Tier Level:Titanium

Nights cruised:381

Reward Nights:415

Nights until next level:619

Not sure that this information helped at all.

Jackie

Jackie,

Yes it helped to see yours. Thank You! Helpful to know that you got it when your "Reward" nights got to 400 and that the calculation on the webpage is not valid. We are getting close and Jan saw the page and thought we were not getting credit. Still not convinced but was relieved that you got Titanium at 400 reward and will continue tracking. But it sure would be nice if they would correct the system calculation of remaining nights needed. Also, interestingly, the folks on the phone just did not get it and ultimately disconnected her call. That did not please Jan very much.

Thanks for your help!

Best,

John

John,

Jackie is correct. Reward nights as shown on your invoice are what determines your tier level. Like Jackie, we became Titanium when we reached 400 Reward Nights even though we have fewer than 400 actual nights sailed.

Our society analysis on the website shows our tier level as Titanium, our nights sailed as 399, our reward nights as 413, and the number of nights needed to reach the next level as 601. If actual nights were the determining factor, we would still be Platinum.

John, just want to add that it is distressing to learn how Jan was treated by Regent. While it is okay to not know about the special promotion that was several years ago, it is never okay to disconnect customers.

In any case, congratulations in advance for almost being Titanium. It is a level that is a real milestone. Think that you will both really enjoy the private transfers and other benefits!

Jackie

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that it was an accidental disconnect since they really did not understand and were consulting with other agents. Still a bit to go for Titanium but we are working on it. Jackie - off topic but wanted to mention that we are finally giving the Explorer a try in a few weeks. We like Mariner a lot more than you do, Voyager somewhat more than you (people are different) but we are hoping we like Explorer as much as you do. Really looking forward to it.

Again, thanks for your help. DaveFr - thank you for confirming.

Best,

John

John - wishing you and Jan a great cruise. Do hope that you enjoy Explorer - she is quite a ship. I still like Voyager and Mariner but, at least for now, we want to stay with Explorer. If neither the Explorer or Splendor has an itinerary that we like, we would do Silversea again since Mark Conroy is now a major player at Silversea and Oceania is not out of the question (as long as we get a huge suite).

Our best to both of you!