price difference in concierce class v. ocean view on celeb. med. cruise

jerseyjohn711

On the Celebrity Millenium, the price difference between a deluxe ocean view w/ veranda and a concierge class was $1200.00 (on a 12-day cruise.)

This seems like a lot, since I've heard that on some trips the difference can be only a few hundred. Does anyone w/ celebrity experience know if celebrity changes its prices or tends to give discounts as you get closer to the sail date, all other things being equal?

Thanks!

We were on the Milli last May. We booked a CC cabin within 24 hours of the initial cruise offering. At that time the price differential was not that high. To be honest, depending on your cruise date, I would recommend an ocean view cabin. We did not find the CC's that much more advantageous. We have sailed every class from the tiniest inside cabin to the Royal Suite and the only thing I insist on is the balcony.

These sailings have become extremely popular and the Milli has been sailing almost full each outing. I would not count on a price drop. Please check with your TA. I think that they would tell you the same thing.

Be sure you book the cruise - it was wonderful.

On our December 2005 14 night Panama Canal cruise on Summit our CC cabin was $50 pp more than a Deluxe Veranda 2A,B,C. Plus of course the extra $.50 pp per day tip.

The extra room alone is worth that much to me. The other amenities were actually very nice. Especially the comfortable pillow top mattress, duvet and nice pillows.

On Summit, which is the same as Infinity, Constellation, Millenium, I have been in an inside (cabin 3046) 172 sq ft which was fine for port intensive cruises, especially Alaska where your sea days involve a glacier and the inside passage, so you want to be on a deck where you can walk back and forth, like deck 4, to get the view from both sides of the ship;

2C, same size cabin 172 sq ft (#6093), but the balcony was really nice. Felt like an extra room although it is tiny unless you happen to get one of the double sized ones forward on deck 6 for the same price;

Concierge Class 192 sq ft. (cabin 9075) Same basic layout but slighty wider so there's more walking room at the end of the bed. The extra room in the CC cabin and slightly larger balcony was wonderful. Chairs on balcony are padded which is nice. It's able to accommodate a breakfast table where they will serve you breakfast on tablecloth etc. Those afternoon canapes were great, too, and the free champagne and pillow menu.

We have also stayed in a sky suite on Century (1201) and the room was much larger, and the balcony larger, too.Accommodated two lounge chairs fully extended flat so you can sleep on your tummy on them, and two chairs and table. Didn't really need a butler, and for the price difference, I personally would not pay for a suite, and the whirlpool tub was nice to have, but not strong jets. Marble sink.

If the price difference in a 2C and CC are not too great, that is the best choice, and you get double sailing credits. But if it's too much it's not worth it.

jerseyjohn -- I sailed on the Summit, Los Angeles to Hawaii, round trip, for the Christmas/New Year cruise which was a 15 night voyage (Summit is the same as Millie). Had a CC cabin, however, we received a complimentary upgrade from a balcony cabin to the CC! The extra amenities and services were nice, extra pampering, etc. However, I wouldn't pay $1200 for it.

jerseyjohn -- I sailed on the Summit, Los Angeles to Hawaii, round trip, for the Christmas/New Year cruise which was a 15 night voyage (Summit is the same as Millie). Had a CC cabin, however, we received a complimentary upgrade from a balcony cabin to the CC! The extra amenities and services were nice, extra pampering, etc. However, I wouldn't pay $1200 for it.

• 2 weeks later...

JerseyJohn,

The CC class is nice for the preferential treatment (early on and off ship), nicer table in main resturant, robes and so forth but I agree with some of the other replies. Use the $1200 for tours, taxis, tips and things ashore. In the Med you will be going from sunrise to sunset in the ports and only using your cabin to rest up for the next day.

Archived