What time does boarding start at Barcelona for Symphony?

Anyone been on Syphony recently out of Barcelona?

We board tomorrow...can’t wait!

Our cruise company have booked us a cab at 9am to the port...I think this is too early...we are only 15mins maximium away from cruise terminal...

Only ever sailed RCL from. Florida before when we have been able to go through security around 10.30/11am and board shortly afterwards...Just wondering how it compares in Barcelona ?

Also what time does self disembarkation start at Barcelona...we have a really early flight home!

Thanks

Sue

I think that is too early. When we were on Symphony we did not leave the ship until 8.45am and they won't allow you on till everyone who is leaving at Barcelona are off. We were later on arriving due to our flight time so I can't tell you the actual time you will be allowed on. What time is your flight home?

9:00 would definitely be too early. You would just end up sitting/standing inside or outside the terminal for an hour waiting for check-in to open and then another hour waiting to be let on the ship.

Personally we try to time our arrival around noon to have lunch and then be able to drop our carry-ons in the room at 1:00pm when they open the rooms.

If you want to board as early as possible without waiting around too much, I would suggest a taxi around 10:30am if the drive is only 15 minutes

-jani

Thanks for all the replies... I have tried to change time of our transfer to 10am but am unable to do so...it is prepaid so I am loathe to get a taxi an hour later... will just have to wait at the port !

Take the early transfer and check in with the cruise line. Then board the post bus. ~3-4 euros/pp RT and it will drop you off at the foot of Las Ramblas.

We did this before our Harmony TA in the fall of 2016. We walked around Las Ramblas for 3-4 hours [had been here before], bought a snack to share at a bakery and boarded the ship around 1:30 and had lunch. [no line] We rode the port bus back to the ship. Easy peasy!

. . Our plans were to buy the snack at the St Joseph market. However, it was closed since it was a Sunday.