Alaska cruise tour packing?

mafw

What cruise line? I can tell you that on Princess cruises luggage tags (and your boarding pass) are available to download and print usually 75 days in advance of the cruise. They are to be used on checked luggage of any type. Tape them on cases using packing tape over the entire tag so there is no chance it gets ripped off.

For the cruise tour, you will get three types of luggage tags. The first are for bags you do NOT need on the tour. They will go straight to the ship (if tour is first) or to the airport (if tour is at the end of the cruise).

Second is bags that you need in your room each night, but do not need access to during the day when traveling. I don't remember if there are limits to the number and size of these.

Third are your carry on bags. These will go with you on the train or bus when traveling. Size is limited to what will fit under the seat in front of you. Princess will give you the dementions.

I also put a card INSIDE my suitcase with my info (name, address, phone number, ship, cabin #) in case the luggage tag somehow disappears.

NEVER put your full home address (i.e., street address) on any exterior luggage tag or even the backup contact info (paper/card) on top of the packed items in your luggage.

YES to multiple phone numbers (remember to add country code - e.g., +1 or 001 for the U.S.) and e-mail addresses. You can certainly add your home town as well. But, multiple news stories about fairly well organized theft rings over the years have shown that not all airport personnel have your best interests at heart.