8/19 symphony review

Just got back to the US after a wonderful 10 day trip. Bw and i both in our 70's, and 3 grandkids[gc], 17, 17, 16. I am just going to review the ship part of the trip.

day 1, arrived at the terminal around 11am. Boarding took no more than 15-20 minutes, Very efficient and easy. The Symphony is a wonder to behold. The artwork, layout, elevators etc. are just great in every way. Bw and i ate lunch in the solarium. Gc's went to Loco fresh, dog house, and windjammer. Everyone was happy. Cabins opened at 1pm. We had a balcony midship [12220]. The go's had a central park balcony[12303]. The bathroom a little on the small side, but functional. Great shower. The shampoo they have is a combination with conditioner, no body lotion supplied. The room had plenty of drawers and hanging space. The only negative is the stupid mattress. the room is narrow and the mattress is rounded at the foot. I couldn't even get my suitcase past it. WE all went to the pool deck and enjoyed the slide, pool, and hot tubs.

I know that there many threads talking about being badgered to buy drink packages, we did not have that experience at all. Two of my gc's got soda packages, we just paid for drinks as we used them.

We had booked late seating but changed to my time dining about month before the cruise. We had private tours booked for the entire cruise. Depending on the return time we made reservations for dinner every night in the main dining room. I would highly recommend spending the time doing this. They honer reservations, we never waited more than a couple of minutes. Our times ranged from 7:30-8:30 every night.

I'll continue later today. If you have any questions i will be glad to answer them.