NCL Dawn aft vs forward suite?

browcha

I am really struggling to decide what type of room category to book for my 9 day Eastern Caribbean from Boston. The cabins I am trying to choose from are 10502,10000 or 9002 Forward or 10228 Aft. Does anyone have any opinions? I really like using my balcony which is the main reason to upgrade to the suite...to have the larger balcony. But I want to make sure it is usable and not crazy windy.

• 1 month later...

We were in 10228 last November on Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. (My sister and oldest daughter had 10728.) Room was great and balcony even better. Great large aft facing balcony. It was a fourth or fifth time that we've had in our facing balcony and I've always enjoyed these the most. Never any wind and I've never had any sort or smoke like some have complained of on this forum.

We originally had booked a forward facing suite with two balconies for me and my wife. I was on to have an adjoining balcony for my sister and daughter but then realized they wouldn't be able to eat in Moderno nor would they have a concierge or brother. Therefore, I changed the reservation.

Another reason I changed the reservation was I had read that the forward facing balcony is very windy and often you're not allowed to use it when the ship is going forward. I'm not sure this is true or if other people have had a different experience.

Any who, the aft facing balconies and suites are my favorite rooms. You can't go wrong with a suite since you get the concierge, butler and get to eat in Moderno for breakfast and lunch.

We were in a forward facing suite on the Pearl in March. We absolutely loved it! We have been in both from and ft facing suites and front is definitely preferred. We never had any issues using the balcony while the ship was moving, not one issue.