Cuba Travel Form

elklemi

Will be on the Paradise to Cuba in January and does Carnival provide the travel affidavit that you fill out for Cuba or do we have to print it out ourselves? Was hoping it was in the cabin when I get on board, thanks

$75 per person and you can purchase directly from Carnival

https://www.carnival.com/awaywego/cruising-fun/how-to-plan/everything-you-need-to-know-before-cruising-to-cuba

Isn't Google wonderful (hint)

I don't think the OP was asking about the visa, which is what Carnival and most other cruise lines get for you. There is also more paperwork to fill out, a multi-page form that shows what you are doing while in Cuba, you just check the box next to what kind of eligible travel you have planned. We went to Cuba on HAL, if I remember correctly I emailed and they sent me a link to the form - you might want to try that with Carnival.

When we went on the overnight Havana cruise in May on the Paradise, the affidavit was right on the Carnival website and we printed out two and brought them with us to check in. Unless you are visiting family, are going under the auspices of a particular group, etc. you need to check the People to People box. You can only check the box by the selection where you get off to meet Cuban people (don't recall the exact wording) if your cruise reservation was made before June 17, 2017. That is the date Trump changed the looser rules (made by President Obama) to try to make it more difficult for Americans to go to Cuba. DH works for Intercruises at one of the Florida Ports and has checked in many passengers going on Cuba cruises. If you check the box to meet Cuban people, meaning you just get off the ship, a red flag goes to the IRS because they want to know how American money is being spent in Cuba and you could be audited for 5 years. The affidavit states you need to keep receipts for a number of years and copies of the affidavit. I don't know if the affidavit is still available on the Carnival website, but it was when we went to Cuba in May.