RSSC luggage tags question...

Is it OK to put 2 of the RSSC- supplied cruise ID tags on a single bag? They don’t look too sturdy, and I’m using a Luggage Forward to get my bags to the ship.

I ask because on my last (non-RSSC) cruise, the cruise ID tag was ripped of somewhere along the way from home to ship, which resulted in some anxious moments while concierge helped track it down.

I was thinking about affixing one of the RSSC tags to each handle. Good or bad idea? (Concerned it may cause confusion)

Thanks!

Lana in Bellingham, awaiting Luggage Forward pickup later today ...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, you can put two luggage tags on one bag.

Another suggestion - in the inside of your suitcase, in an easily accessible location, you should have all of you contact information, including email address, cell phone and the ship itinerary. If for some reason tags are removed from a piece of luggage, it will be opened to try and locate the owner.

gnomie :)

Yes, you can put two luggage tags on one bag.

Another suggestion - in the inside of your suitcase, in an easily accessible location, you should have all of you contact information, including email address, cell phone and the ship itinerary. If for some reason tags are removed from a piece of luggage, it will be opened to try and locate the owner.

gnomie :)

I figured it would probably be OK, but wanted to double-check. I always have my ID info inside the bag (plus Luggage Forward's info sheet has all my info plus all their info) and it's placed on top of everything inside the bag or in the zipper see-through mesh compartment that you see when you open the bag. My biggest concern is that the bag would get to the Vancouver cruise terminal without the exterior RSSC tag -- there are two other much larger cruise ships boarding that day, so more opportunity for a SNAFU.

Thanks!! I'll add an additional RSSC tag per bag and hope that at least one of them makes it to Vancouver. :D

Lana in Bellingham

Is it OK to put 2 of the RSSC- supplied cruise ID tags on a single bag? They don’t look too sturdy, and I’m using a Luggage Forward to get my bags to the ship.

I ask because on my last (non-RSSC) cruise, the cruise ID tag was ripped of somewhere along the way from home to ship, which resulted in some anxious moments while concierge helped track it down.

I was thinking about affixing one of the RSSC tags to each handle. Good or bad idea? (Concerned it may cause confusion)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Luggage Forward will give you tags that seem to be impossible to lose. We used the company several times. Bon Voyage!

Mary

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Luggage Forward will give you tags that seem to be impossible to lose. We used the company several times. Bon Voyage!

Mary

The large-ish blue/yellow Luggage Forward tags survived just fine; it was the Holland America ID tag showing my deck/cabin that somehow got ripped off along the way. It delayed delivery to my cabin since there wasn't an official HAL tag, so they had to do a manual "look-up" to find out where to deliver it. The Concierge was able to speed up the process so I got the bag delivered to my suite about 4 hrs after boarding.

Just wanted to make sure it was OK to add an additional RSSC tag to each bag -- I did, and FedEx picked up the bags today. So we'll see how it goes this time (the jury's still out on Luggage Foward -- the missing HAL tag was only one of the issues ... ).

Lana in Bellingham, WA