New NCL App

k8te62

Hi everyone,

I have downloaded the new app and want to get feed back on anyone that has used it on the ship. Will I be able to text another passenger that has the app also? We are on the Bliss to Alaska in 21 DAYS! So excited. It is such a large ship, I am hoping to stay in touch with our group.

Thanks in advance!

Pretty bad. No better than iConcierge.

That being said, the app is just a user interface displaying information from the ship's backend server. The information on the server is incomplete, disjoint.

Does this replace iConcierge?

Hopefully they fixed the abysmal user interface.

I downloaded it yesterday and tried to register. It wouldn’t take my latitudes # or any past/present bookings to identify me with. (Just got an error, please contact NCL). After spending 30 mins on hold I was told that I wouldn’t be able to register or use it until I was onboard....has anyone else been able to access it prior to boarding? I know I could with the original app (although functionality was minimal of course).

I will be on the Sky soon and have downloaded the Cruise Norwegian app. It has a cruise countdown, My Vacation Home (lists available shore excursions, dining, bars & lounges, gits & more, onboard shopping, spa, and all onboard activities). It also has my "vacation summary" (includes on board spending and all perks and purchased items), and online check-in (allows me to pull up the edocs for both in cabin). I don't see where it would add the option to communicate with others- but perhaps that will become apparent when on board.

Hi everyone,

I have downloaded the new app and want to get feed back on anyone that has used it on the ship. Will I be able to text another passenger that has the app also? We are on the Bliss to Alaska in 21 DAYS! So excited. It is such a large ship, I am hoping to stay in touch with our group.

Thanks in advance!

Once you are on the ship you can make reservations and check your account balance. At least with the Android version, when we looked at the daily vacation summary we saw some reservations (specialty restaurants, go carts, etc) but not all, but did see the correct total number of reservations (including spa). However, you cannot use it to book future cruises. As far as texting or messaging other passengers on the ship, there is a $9.95/device upgrade fee for the sailing to do that. Probably worth it, we were in Haven and had free mobile phone service on the ship.

It was nice to have a ship map, even one that was very slow and check ship time without moving from bed but the schedule was incomplete and lacked so much of the information I actually wanted to know. I could never get my account to show appropriately and couldn’t make reservations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums