Walking vs tour

hexdragon

I would not walk with him to many up, downs and hot. My dad cannot handle what the Old City is like. I disagree with the other poster after spending some time at the pier i did not like the hustle of what they sold. I took their tour once and was told things that were really not relevant almost like he was not a guide. I would do some research and take a proper tour but not the $10.00 tour sold in the street. But that is me...

We will have an 80+ person with us. They still get around but.... We are leaning toward a tour, maybe even a private tour. Suggestion????

It would also depend on what you want to see. Do you want to go out of the old town area, maybe a drive into the rainforest with a few stops? If so I would definitely pre-book a tour with an established guide who can do both the drive and walking portion at own pace and adapt as needed. Planning beforehand will help with that instead of trying to find the right guide.

If you just want to see the area near the pier, with a little research you could probably do self guided.

I always assume that the cheap guides near a port are the ones who either cannot or choose not to do the work to build up a real guide portfolio. Also, one of the forts is WAY steeper than the other (I always get the names wrong) something to consider.