Miami things to do

HCI

Hi

We are a couple from Australia, will be spending 2 days in Miami ( this will be our first time in Miami):D before our cruise with NCL

Just a couple of questions

Would like to do a tour a Everglades tour and any other suggestion would be great

Also catching a Taxi or Uber to the port, dont know which is better, and I have no idea how much we need to tip

Any advice will be appreciated

Many Thanks

Many Thanks

The Uber app will ask if you would like to leave a tip after your trip when you rate your experience. Can't miss it. Will also have suggested tip amounts. Uber is far better than taxi's and much cheaper, too.

Where are you staying? A good option to get the lay of the land is the hop on/hop off bus tour. There is a lot of spots in Miami worth seeing so it's hard to suggest what exactly you should do without more information.

When will you be in Miami. The Everglades is great, but not so much fun in the summer.

As for Uber or Taxi, always Uber. It is much much better than any taxi in Miami. You'll need a phone with data service in the U.S. to use Uber.

As for other things to do. I would suggest not to miss Lincoln Road one evening. Have dinner at Yardbird and enjoy walk around there after dinner. Also check out Ocean Drive for the walk (not the food).

The Hop-on-Hop-Off bus is a good way to see other sites like Little Havana, get to Downtown/Brickell and Coral Gables.

Anything in particular you want to do?

What day does your ship leave, and are there cruises leaving the day before? I ask because I like going to South Pointe Park. There is a walkway along the water where the cruise ships leave and its really fun sitting there watching the ships depart and getting in the mood for your trip the next day. :) I usually bring a bottle of wine (screw top!) in my bag and we raise a glass. :D :wine-glass:

Plus you only really need to get there about 3:30 or so when ships start to leave. Recommend using Uber cause parking can be a bear.