Papal Audience

TSUmom

We have a few in our group that would like to attend the Papal Audience and then join us for the Scavi tour in the afternoon. Could someone that has attended the Papal Audience please advise me on the best time to reserve the Scavi tour? Thank you in advance

We have a few in our group that would like to attend the Papal Audience and then join us for the Scavi tour in the afternoon. Could someone that has attended the Papal Audience please advise me on the best time to reserve the Scavi tour? Thank you in advance

If you mean the Wednesday Papal Audience - we stumbled upon it. We had always planned to walk through St Peter's Square on the Wednesday. As we approached, we could see that there was something going on. I realised just before DH said that we should find another way round to Castel Sant Angelo. We needed to scan our bags and that was it. We were in St Peter's Square but could only see the Pope on a screen. He looked about 1 cm tall from where I was standing. We listened for a while but as I do not speak Italian I am not sure what he was saying. After a while of feeling very excited and privileged to be there, we continued with our planned journey.

So if this is what you mean, you can leave when you wish. The occasion was something very special for me. Ten years ago I walked in St Peters for the first time and I was pinching myself. I never dreamt that one day I would get there. I know people who have met the Pope but for me to see him in real life, I was pinching myself again.