Cabin Location - Voyager

barbaraj

We are planning a trip on the Voyager. The suite we are considering (834) is located directly opposite the staircase in midship (not by either elevator landing). Should we have any concern about noise? Thanks for your input.

No noise except the 1000am PAs!!! The suites are quiet. Mid ship is smooth too.

Aft suites will gave vibrations when the skipper selects Full Ahead power.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I disagree with the above.

If you look at the Regent site you'll see theres an object/space between 834/836. If you look at the plans for deck 7 you'll see the same object/space is between 736/738. So 734 isn't directly below 834 and has the benefit of 736 as a buffer.

That object/space is the cause of a lot of noise (mostly very late into the night and very early in the morning). That's the pipe/pathing used to fill and empty the pool. My parents were unfortunate enough to get stuck in 834. For the duration of a world cruise. They had specifically tried to avoid that room as a friend of theirs had also experienced the joys of the sound track to the filling/draining of the pool in that room. Their TA was less than stellar and was convinced that 834 wasn't THAT room.

If you look at the Regent site you'll see theres an object/space between 834/836. If you look at the plans for deck 7 you'll see the same object/space is between 736/738. So 734 isn't directly below 834 and has the benefit of 736 as a buffer.

That object/space is the cause of a lot of noise (mostly very late into the night and very early in the morning). That's the pipe/pathing used to fill and empty the pool. My parents were unfortunate enough to get stuck in 834. For the duration of a world cruise. They had specifically tried to avoid that room as a friend of theirs had also experienced the joys of the sound track to the filling/draining of the pool in that room. Their TA was less than stellar and was convinced that 834 wasn't THAT room.

How do you like a post because this one deserves a +10...

(y) This works well and following it with a toast is also good:champagne-toast:.

Note: If you look at the smilies and press “See all 36 Smilies” you’ll see the thumbs up and other fun things:D

Thanks for the tip TravelCat! :champagne-toast:

Thank you for this valuable information. I am passing it along to our agent so that future cruisers have the benefit as well.