Using OBC before you board

fozzy1975

OBC = On Board Credit. As noted above, no. This is not meant to be snarky. Just explaining in case OP is new to cruising and unfamiliar with terminology.

I have been on several carnival cruises. The reason I asked was I was speaking with a co-worker telling them what I wanted to but did not think I was able to. He told me he just cruised on Royal and was allowed to use the OBC before to book excursions and things like that. So I thought I would ask.

I have been on several carnival cruises. The reason I asked was I was speaking with a co-worker telling them what I wanted to but did not think I was able to. He told me he just cruised on Royal and was allowed to use the OBC before to book excursions and things like that. So I thought I would ask.

Our next cruise is with Royal and it was a pleasant surprise to find out that we could use the OBC prior to boarding. Royal is the only one that allows this that I am aware of.

If you haven't prepaid the gratuities, you'll end up using the credit anyway.

That’s what I do. Don’t prepay grats and I know the OBC will get used there. I’ve found that to be the most cost effective way of doing it. Pretty much everything else I buy is cheaper precruise (cheers, internet).

I am going on my first Princess cruise next month and i noticed that with princess too. I already used half of my OBC for shore excursions