Grandkids and me

ocean waves

Hi all, I’m hoping to be cruising with my 6 and 9 year old grandkids next July on the dream. Do they use birth certificates, can they be in the same kids club? I have sailed on the magic and wonder many times with my kids back in the day, really looking forward to going back home with my sweeties. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all, I’m hoping to be cruising with my 6 and 9 year old grandkids next July on the dream. Do they use birth certificates, can they be in the same kids club? I have sailed on the magic and wonder many times with my kids back in the day, really looking forward to going back home with my sweeties. Any help is greatly appreciated.

For US citizens on a closed loop cruise (begins and ends in the same US port) the minimum ID requirement is a birth certificate plus (for those 16 and over) a government issued photo ID.

Oceaneer's Club/Lab is ages 3-12.

If you are US citizens on a cruise that leaves from and returns to the same US port (as all Dream cruises do), then birth certificates from the kids will suffice. Of course, passports would make things easier in the unlikely event you need to fly home, but the requirement is birth certificates for everyone and a government-issued photo ID for those over 16.

The Oceaneer Club/Lab are open to kids ages 3 through 12, so your grandkids can definitely be in the same club. The Club has activities geared more to the 3-7 group and the Lab more to the 8-12 group, but kids can move between them freely since there is a secure passageway.

Happy planning!

I was understanding you need a letter from both parents giving the grandparents the ok to take on a cruise or take the children out of the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, DCL has (or at least had) a form for "minor authorization," allowing you to take the children. This form is mandatory when cruising with a minor who is not your own child. A notarized letter giving you permission to take them and make any necessary medical and legal decisions for them is good protection for all parties, but only the DCL form is required.