Miami Holiday Inn Bayside?

chorder

Wife and I are booked at the Holiday Inn for our pre cruise night across from the Bayside market . Last year we stayed at the Miami Hyatt downtown, it was really nice but not in real walking distance (especially at night )to the market place .any info ?

We stayed at the Hyatt last year, and year before at the Holiday Inn..definitely different category of hotels. HI is across the street from Bayside, short walk through intersection, extremely well lit. Great location for late night at Bayside. Rooms comfortable, clean, lobby small can get crowded but efficient enough. I recall OK value for the $,no complaint, best feature is the location.

Enjoy your vacation, remember once you leave home everything else is an adventure.

We stayed there a few years back because of the close location to Bayside. It was fine for a pre-night . We had a room in the front on I think the 7th floor. Nice veiw of the shipe in the morning.

The only thing I would bring is earplugs for sleeping. We had a neighbor who had a tv on most of the night and the window didn't stop the sound of car traffic from the street. Maybe by now they updated with new windows.

Enjoy

We have stayed at both hotels.

Hyatt is upscale but not a very good location.

HI is a nice, OK for a one night stay. We had dinner at Bubba Gumbs, Bayside, but breakfast at HI was not worth the money, would of been better off with just a muffin.

If you stay at HI, be sure to ask for a room facing the port....waking up and seeing your ship in port is pure heaven!!:D

I would stay at HI again.

Took a cab to the pier, cost about $12.

I too have stayed in both, the Hyatt and the Holiday Inn across from Bayside. As others have said, the class is different, but the HI definately a better location. And the view if you get a room facing the port is tremendous when the sun comes up. Room a basic room, nothing fancy about it, but it is convenient.

I have also stayed there and I am staying there again in September. It is clean, well kept and so convenient to the Marketplace.

If it stays as it has, I will always stay at the Holiday Inn when we cruise from Miami. I was very satisfied with the hotel.

Spent Sunday night there before 1/2 embarkation. No doorman or drop off area so being dropped out of a cab w/ 6 pieces of luggage for the family, it was our problem to keep an eye on all that and not have it grabbed and then get it into the hotel. People climbing into your cab before your 9 year old has even gotten out. Tough to even get through traffic to get the last block to the hotel. Had called multiple times in advance to reserve a no-smoking room b/c of DW's respiratory issues. So upon check in, got sent to a smoking room. After lugging all the bags up there, we see ashtrays and smell it. Could barely get through lobby, felt like we were in a bus station in bolivia. Actually tough to get a taxi because all the tour groups there were blocking the entire sidewalk so cabbies could not see you, so again lugged family and luggage down the block and across the street so we could hail a cab. Breakfast buffet looked inedible, though ordering off the menu was somewhat better. No breakfast options at Bayside until 10 a.m. I booked it for location and it was about $200 cheaper than anything else in the vicinity for that night. Will never be back. And I am a guy who has no problem in the Hampton Inn in Titusville the night before a cruise out of Port Canaveral, or spending the night in a Hampton or even the Fairfield Inn in Orange Park on my way down the night before, so I am not some upper class snob.

I'm more in agreement with logan1_2000 that the other posters. The room was OK, but can get much better rooms for same rate on Priceline. Yes, those other hotels aren't as convienant to Bayside, but are only a $6 taxi ride away, and you don't have to cross a busy street. We will not be back to the HI Bayside

I did want to add that I've gotten the downtown Hyatt at $45.00 a night from Priceline. I use http://www.biddingfortravel.com to do some research on what hotels come up in the area you're looking. The Holiday Inn there at Bayside does not come up on Priceline, it didn't used to, don't know if it does now or not. With getting the Hyatt for $45.00 we stayed 2 nights before and 2 nights after cruise. Can still get to Bayside, we took people mover.

we stayed at the Hi bayside for one night pre cruise no complaints and the bayside market place is agreat place to visit,also saw the ship in port from our room which was great.I would,nt hesitate to stay there for one night pre-cruise otherwise If you want to stay longer miami beach would be better.

Archived