Barcelona Supermarket between airport and cruise terminal

downundermatt

We arrive into Barcelona the morning of our cruise and need to pick up some last minute items (wine, toiletries, soft drinks) prior to boarding.

I hear you can buy wine at the port but was hoping there might be a supermarket with more choice between the airport and the port en route.

(Am looking for Sauvignon Blanc)

Hoping someone has a suggestion, our taxi can take a small detour to.

Thanks Heaps

Rather than a taxi you could take the Aerobus (cheap) from the airport to Placa Catalunya. The bus will drop you right in front of El corte Ingles, a huge dept store with a great grocery department and wine. It would then be an easy taxi ride to the port.

There is also a very well stocked Carrefour about half way down Las Ramblas toward the port but you'll likely need a taxi if you have much luggage.

We arrive into Barcelona the morning of our cruise and need to pick up some last minute items (wine, toiletries, soft drinks) prior to boarding.

I hear you can buy wine at the port but was hoping there might be a supermarket with more choice between the airport and the port en route.

(Am looking for Sauvignon Blanc)

Hoping someone has a suggestion, our taxi can take a small detour to.

Thanks Heaps

I agree that El Corte Ingles is huge and has everything, probs are that Hipercor (its supermarket usually in the basement) is also huge and not particularly cheap. One of the problems in that plan is that the route from the airport to the port does not go through the centre of BCN. It avoids all the city centre traffic. I think that you will jump out of the taxi with the meter running and really find it hard to rush around the store trying to locate what you want. I would be more inclined to look at the airport - or buy a bottle of Sauvignon in your departure airport!

An alternative is that on Google maps I have located a Lidl opposite the Jardins de les Tres Xemeneies. That is very near to your route. There seems to be a wine shop near there too. Lidl usually have a good sized car park and are all on one floor without too much choice to confuse you.

I am just saying this because I recall when we landed in Alaska our first task was to go to Walmart and stock up with drinks and things. Granted we were also looking for food but with 4 of us looking it took us about an hour to get around the store. El Corte Ingles is bigger than this Walmart was. There was so much choice, we kept having to look at the labels to see exactly what we were buying. There was no language barrier, but there was a cultural difference.

I am assuming that if you are flying in on the day of the cruise, you do not want to be spending an age doing shopping.

Happy travels.

You are not allowed to bring soft drinks onto the ship. You can bring wine but will need to pay a corkage fee.

You will only pay a corkage fee if you take your bottle into a dining area. If you keep the bottle in your cabin, you could take a glass of wine with you to dinner, or just enjoy it in your cabin.

Thanks for the info, we are flying in the day of the cruise from Nice with a small luggage allowance, hence the need for some last minute items - my understanding is Celebrity still allow soft drinks and two bottles of wine per cabin ....

Lidl may well be the best option to avoid downtown.