Non coffee drinker but want to bring my own tea bags

Barbara60

There is a wooden box at each of the beverage stations in the Horizon buffet full of various flavors of teas, for free. I like

Bigelow Plantation Mint but have trouble finding that so the Twinnings mint tea does the trick. Try the selections, as someone else posted, at the International Café, even at a cost, there is something for everyone. I'm not a coffee drinker.

There is a wooden box at each of the beverage stations in the Horizon buffet full of various flavors of teas, for free. I like

Bigelow Plantation Mint but have trouble finding that so the Twinnings mint tea does the trick. Try the selections, as someone else posted, at the International Café, even at a cost, there is something for everyone. I'm not a coffee drinker.

Thanks. I will definitely try some other teas on board as well as bring some of my own favorites. And I will 'splurge' for some of the Maple Leaf ones too as I have never had that brand.

I'm not a coffee drinker either, but get the coffee card for the convenience to our room from the IC. Really enjoy the Mighty Leaf vanilla (something or other). I always ask them to add about half a scoop of ice to the cup so I can drink it within the same day!

13 days to our next cruise, 12 until vacation starts. Let the party begin!

Did you read post number 12 above?

Tea from the IC has a charge of $1.25 per cup. They are happy to provide you with a pot of hot water or a cup of hot water at no charge--you can use your own bag or one from the buffet area.

Thank you. Sorry I missed the info for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have not sailed Princess yet so I can't confirm for sure, but I would guess that in the buffet, there is probably a coffee and hot water station with tea bags. Bring your favorite tea and just fill up a cup in the buffet, no need to order pots of hot water every time unless you mean during dinner. .

that's exactly what we did last year - we brought insulated mugs and used the hot water spouts at the buffet.

Must attest - Regal has super hot water.

We didn't bring the tea bags with us. We don't drink Lipton, but we aren't into super fancy tea either. At home we drink Ahmad, Twinings and Bigelow. On the cruises we always found something fitting our tastes just fine - usually Twinings and Bigelow, and some unknown to us brands that tasted pretty well.

• 3 months later...

I aways carry my own teabags in my purse, and I pack extras on cruises.  To make delicious iced tea I get a large cup of White Orchard tea in the morning, and I put it in the cabin refrigerator.  By lunch time it's cool enough to take to lunch with me.  It's much better than the iced tea on the ship.