Questions:Spa Area/Showers/Pools (Dawn)

pudyqat

Re: DAWN Princess

Someone posted in another thread about purchasing spa usage (not treatments). What is that? How much is this and what are the advantages? Do you need this purchase to use the showers/sauna/steam room?

Where are showers located on the Riviera Deck? Are they only in the Lotus Spa Area or are there some in the forward rest rooms or elsewhere?

Do these public showers have shampoo/conditioner/towels, etc or do you need to bring your own?

What are the hours of the showers/spa/sauna? And what are the hours of the pools?

Any other tips tips you can offer in this area? Thanks for any help and sorry for all the trivial questions!

The Dawn does not have a thermal suite (co-ed steam rooms, co-ed sauna, rainfall showers, thermal tiled lounge chairs) so there is no pass to buy. There is a male and female changing room. Each is very small. I don't remember seeing a shower in there, but they'd have to have one, I would think. I don't remember seeing either a steam room or sauna in the locker room either. Unlike newer Princess ships, there is no lotus spa with swim-against-the-current adult only pool, but there is a pool near the gym, this might be adults only. We thought all these shortcomings would detract from our cruise experience. Yet, we had our best cruise by far on the Dawn, partly because the pools were kept between 87 and 90 degrees.

If you sail on the Dawn, please report back on pool temperatures - I hope it wasn't a fluke.

Re: DAWN Princess

Someone posted in another thread about purchasing spa usage (not treatments). What is that? How much is this and what are the advantages? Do you need this purchase to use the showers/sauna/steam room?

Where are showers located on the Riviera Deck? Are they only in the Lotus Spa Area or are there some in the forward rest rooms or elsewhere?

Do these public showers have shampoo/conditioner/towels, etc or do you need to bring your own?

What are the hours of the showers/spa/sauna? And what are the hours of the pools?

Any other tips tips you can offer in this area? Thanks for any help and sorry for all the trivial questions!

pudyqat - No question is trivial. As Dena and guardhouse have said there are both steam rooms and dry saunas available for free usage. They are not coed! There are also good sized glassed in showers. In fact my DH always used to go up there to shower before dinner. There usually is soap of some kind but shampoo and conditioner are kind of "hit and miss" so you might want to take your own with you - same thing with extra towels. I know they close them down late in the evening at some time but don't know exactly when that is. Check with the gals at the Beauty Palor desk, they will know.

Archived