Bare Minerals

Patgo

As I said in a previous post, I love BE and am on AD for the TSV from November from QVC. Yesterday I ordered a bunch of 1/4 teas. samples from Colorful Sprinkles which is an ebay seller that was recommended to me from the BE Addicts board. Put shipbe in the code for free shipping and no tax! Not only am I addicted to cruising, I am addicted to BE:D

Have a good one:cool:

I received my bare minerals the other day. I am having trouble getting used to using them.

How do you get some in the cap without gettng it everywhere? I have it all over the place. I have not received the lip gloss yet it seems to be taking forever. I don't know what brush to use with what. What do you do with the mineral veil?

I need a quick tutorial. It did come with a DVD but have not taken the time to watch it. I suppose that would be the smart thing to do..If anyone has any tricks on how to use it please post.

Thanks

I received my bare minerals the other day. I am having trouble getting used to using them.

How do you get some in the cap without gettng it everywhere? I have it all over the place. I have not received the lip gloss yet it seems to be taking forever. I don't know what brush to use with what. What do you do with the mineral veil?

I need a quick tutorial. It did come with a DVD but have not taken the time to watch it. I suppose that would be the smart thing to do..If anyone has any tricks on how to use it please post.

Thanks

The DVD is hokey (think infomercial), but it is helpful to watch.

Which brush you use depends upon what look you're trying to achieve. The Kabuki brush gives more coverage than the regular brush, but less than the concealer brush.

To get the product in the lid, just tap the edge of the product container inside the lid. You don't need much product inside the lid.

Swirl the brush in the product, tap off the excess, and apply.

It's weird. I used to LOVE my Bare Minerals foundation, but lately when I've used it, I don't like it at all. It just seems to look "mask-y". I've cleaned my brush, I use just the littlest bit, I know it's the right color, and I've made sure that it hasn't expired, and I just hate how it looks once I put it on.

I used Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Enhancer over the summer, as I don't like wearing anything heavier than a tinted moisturizer that time of year, and I've found myself going back to it, rather than use the BM.

(I do still like my BM eye shadows though. Won't give them up anytime soon!)

I started using Bare Minerals last year. Typically I get darker during the summer but I never imagined I would have so much of the foundation left from my summer sunny days. I now have the full range from Medium to fairly light and know that this summer as I get some color, I will have plenty of BM foudation to do the trick. Trust me, with this product a little goes a very long way and it lasts and lasts.

I agree, if you are feeling powdery or pasty too much was applied.

I hate the feeling of heavy foundation but need some decent coverage and I never feel like I am wearing a mask or that I will need a chisel to scrape my makeup off. I have sworn by MAC eyeshadows and blushes for years, but have now found that I just adore the BM colors and the results they bring.

I ordered the BE from QVC. I usually don't wear makeup at all or just a very little bit. I thought it looked great, but when I got outside, dh kept looking at my face and told me I had too much makeup on and it looked pasty. He notices things like that. I didn't wear it again for months. I am just now starting to try it again and practice putting it on. Time will tell.

Patgo - with the lid on the jar, turn the jar over and give it a little shake. Turn the jar right-side-up and give it a little tap. What's left in the lid should be all you need. If you need more, put the lid back on and do the same thing.

Scarletine - do you exfoliate?

Scarletine - do you exfoliate?

Oh yes, on a regular basis. I'm a big fan of that at home microdermabrasion stuff, and use Olay Daily Facials every morning. So I'm definitely putting it on a fresh surface. :) Maybe it's because I have big pores.

I am starting to get used to my new makeup and I think I like it. It takes about a week to get used to it. I really like the skin rever upper that you use first.

It doesn;t fel like you have any makeup on. I now have to order some eye shadow and some blush.

Does anyone use glee of something else that I just forgot the name of. I think it is like a blush.

I ordered lipgloss and have not received it.

thanks for your tips in putting it on and trying not to get it everywhere.

BE is awesome! DEFINITELY use the buki brush for applying the foundation - I didn't buy it at first, then had a makeover when a local salon started carrying it - it makes a huge difference!! You use just a tiny bit and buff it into your skin - the longer you buff, the better it looks. The salon recommends not pulling off the paper cover on the sifter.....they say use a pin and poke holes in it, that way less powder comes out. There is a new Radiance...Rose Radiance (got from QVC) that is a little pinker; I use it for blush.

• 1 year later...

Someone told me that if you are proned to acne don't use Bare Minerals at all because it makes your breakouts 10 times worse. I have had really bad acne since I was in middle school and now I'm on anti-biotics which has made it better. Will wearing Bare Minerals interact with my medicine and break me out? Has anyone tried Bare Minerals who had really bad acne and it worked for them? Please let me know. I am about to go back to school and want to look perfect and don't want to look horrible by using this stuff.

I've been wearing BE for about 3 years. LOVE IT! I actually break out less and, when I do, Bisque is a perfect concealer--I can't believe what a great job it does. I never, ever could stand liquid foundation so I was skeptical about wearing foundation--no more! I also use Clear Radiance over my foundation--gives me a slightly porcelain look that I've never had with my natural skin tone.

Like everyone else has stated, less is more. You truly need to tap it off of your brush so that you don't see it, and then buff it on.

I just bought Bare Minerals a few months ago and just love it. Usually when I buy makeup it never really works out for me. This stuff is wonderful. Easy to apply and looks great. I throw away all of my other foundations. This makeup truely is worth the money.

I've been using BE for at least 7 years and would never go back to any liquid foundations because I could never tolerate the feel if it on my face. My skin has never looked better and I get so many compliments. Last year I decided to go with Jane Iredale which is preferred by dermatologists and although it's a bit pricier than BE, I found the products to be excellent and I'm very happy with the switch. BE tends to put something glisteny in their products which always gave my complexion a more shiny appearance. This does not occur with Jane Iredale but since I have so much BE left, I willl use it until it's gone.

Is Jane Iredale only available on line, or can you go to a store (like Sephora) to purchase it? I hate having to try to pick colours on line, but I would really like to give Jane Iredale a try.

I am also a BE junkie!! I discovered BE about a year and a half ago or so. My skin has never looked better!! I don't break out as often as I used to. It's easy to apply...the only problem that I have is my undereye area. The makeup settles into the lines (eek!) and it's pretty noticeable, at least to me. I have recently purchased the well rested/bisque combination and it seems to work better than just the bisque for my dark circles.

I also use the bare radiance as a blush & eyeshadow! I also love the fact that the makeup has an SPF to it. With my complexion, it's a MUST!! :)

I just bought my first bare minerals powder of qvc. I have watched for sometime but finally took the plunge.

Does anyone here use this product and how do you like it?

I tried it and I can't get the hang of it. I need pro help I think:( .

I tried it and I can't get the hang of it. I need pro help I think:( .

You mighty try going into a store in your area that carries the product and ask about application. Or try to catch the infomercial for BE or the leeza gibbons stuff. As they say, swirl, tap, buff .. that's really all there is to it.

Archived