Carnival Pride from Baltimore

TNcruising02

When you have the cruise for free, it’s a lot more palatable to pony up for air. With Galveston a 6hr Drive, and NOLA a 10hr Drive, the last time we flew for a cruise was five years ago when we were using a free cruise cert we won playing bingo.

18 month’s is plenty of time to find a 6 day window for work vacation and with that much notice very easy to find good air.

And gee, how bout driving to NY or Charleston to do something different?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Generally speaking, the only 5 day cruises that are remotely interesting, are coming out of South Florida or Tampa, because they can go somewhere other than the Bahamas or Grand Turk. Yes, the cruise to Bermuda might be worth flying into Baltimore from other parts of the country. I just find that, considering where most of the people live and patronize the Baltimore sailings, Carnival is being somewhat inconsiderate to offer a 5 day cruise to only one winner of a bingo game even if it is for “free”. Figuring 1062 cabins divided into the typical cost of a five day cruise, probably an inside cabin at that, and the cost of inconveniencing the rest of the other passengers is under a dollar per cabin. If they had just held a raffle, how many tickets would you buy for a dollar to win a free cruise? Sometimes I wish I was bad at math. I wouldn’t get as riled up as I sometimes do.

If we were given a free 5 day cruise, given 5he fact that we also have to buy one now, in order to get our 25% “ benefit”, I would probably book a b2b in conjunction with the 5day, which would make the travel to the port more worthwhile. I don’t have to worry about taking vacation anymore. Just have to worry about paying for it, since I retired over a year ago.

Edited by cruzincat50

Freeport is a waste.
I don't know why people say that. I was hesitant about going there after reading all of the negative comments about it. We absolutely loved it there! We just walked around the port area. Full of vendors & the locals that ran them were so friendly! There's different musicians playing, local drinks, lots of shops. It was just fun!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app