MCO Hyatt

cruisewiththekids

We had lunch at the Hyatt after our Glory cruise. Very nice....We got a LaQuinta on Priceline last April and really liked it. We did rent a car but there is an airport shuttle. Not much near the area but the hotel and pool were very clean and the customer service was excellent. There is a great restaurant right in the LaQuinta parking lot that we had both lunch and dinner...it was excellent - the name is Fish on Fire. There are many hotels near the airport that offer shuttles if that's what you need that are much less expensive than the Hyatt. If I was cruising out of Port Canaveral again, I'd stay in the Cocoa Beach area if arriving earlier in the day.

My TA tried to book us at the Hilton Garden Inn which she said was less then 1 mile from the airport and had free airport shuttles. But we want to stay at the Hyatt. But the Hilton may be a good place! Their website certainly looked good

I've only seen very few folks get the MCO Hyatt on priceline. You can see the trends at biddingfortravel.com. The Hyatt is a nice property and convenient, but I can stay at the Renaissance club level at MCO with a AAA rate for less than the Hyatt wants with their AAA rate. Plus, the Renaissance has 2 queens instead of 2 doubles. Yes, bedding is an issue with me. :) I don't think for the price I'm paying at the Renaissance that I'd mind driving a little bit down the road.

You can priceline the MCO area and get a decent 3* hotel for less than $100. Utilize their shuttle service or rent a car. The Marriott @ MCO's shuttle service was super. I called and they showed up within 10 mins. I was very impressed. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. I was happy for about $76 per night including tax compared to their website price of $200 a night. Did I mention, I arrived at 11:00 p.m. and still got that kind of service? :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Last September I won the MCO Hyatt for $45 for a post-cuise 1-night stay. Actually just had a late night departing flight and needed a hotel for 10 hours. Worked out great. Upon check-in the agent said he wasn't supposed to ask but wanted to know what I paid. When I told him, he just about passed out.

Good luck.

Archived