snorkling

travellgirl

I just wrote this same post by mistake on a reply and didn't know how to delete. So sorry if you are reading this twice.

My husband and i are booked on the Paul Gaugin for May 20th. My husbnad enjoys snorkling, but not in very deep water. I go for a little while and then i go back on the beach or the boat. Can anyone suggest a good place for us to snorkle? We will be on the cruise and then will be staying at the Pearl Resort on Bora Bora? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Lorraine, if your cruise stops at Rarotonga, I hear that both Muri beach and Titikaveka beach (across from the Fruits of Rarotonga stand) are both good beaches for snorkeling. I also have heard that the beach in from of the Sofitil

hotel in Moorea has good snorkeling (but the hotel is closed for repair and I'm not sure about beach access). Everywhere else we just plan on grabbing a tour to a Motu. Hope that helps.

You could also consider buying a snorkeling vest online and then you can snorkel in deep water and not have to miss out on anything. I bought one for my husband - an XL for $29.99.

What online website did you use to buy the vest?

What online website did you use to buy the vest?

I bought one before my December cruise online from snorkel-mart . com

It arrived in 3-4 days. It gave me a little confidence in St.John. I wore it but didn't inflate it much -- you always have the option of giving it a little more air when needed.

I bought one before my December cruise online from snorkel-mart . com

It arrived in 3-4 days. It gave me a little confidence in St.John. I wore it but didn't inflate it much -- you always have the option of giving it a little more air when needed.

Thanks! It looks good.

Archived