Sitters at Sea & Royal Babies and Tots

We have booked a Family cruise over NYE on the Mariner of the Sea, because they had the Sitters at Sea -in room babysitting- as well as the Royal Babies and Tots. On 9/14 we got the following email:

We wanted to update you on a change in our programming. OurSitters at Sea program will be discontinued beginning on September 30th, 2018.... unfortunately we'llno longer offer in-stateroom sitter services....Our kid programs, Adventure Ocean and RoyalBabies & Tots, remain unchanged...

We will have in our group a 9 & 10 Year old - no problem they can go to the kids club, and a 13 month and 16 month old.... The Royal Caribbean website says that 'parent or caregiver must accompany child during all activity sessions' but i have read everywhere that there is drop off available for a fee... $6 during the day $8 at night.

Does anyone know which is actually correct??? I really do not want to have to cancel this cruise!

The nursery drop off has the $6-8/hr fee you are talking about. It’s offered for ages 6-36mos, and you do not have to remain with the child. There are also separate free activity sessions offered, but no childcare is provided in these cases and an adult must supervise the child.

Thank you for replying. Do you know why Royal Caribbean does not have this on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums