Celebrity "Cocktail Hour" fare website

cruising808

Actually it is called Happy Hour specials and almost always for last minute cruising; those leaving in the next month or so. There are exceptions. Of course you can not apply the specials to an already booked cruise. Just thought I would add this little bit of info. NMNita

Happy Hour Rates are sent directly to agencies only by RCL/Celebrity

The best thing to do is join agency mailing lists.

There are only a handful Celebrity for this coming Tuesday. One South America....most on Century and a couple of dates for Mercury Mex Riv.

Most dates are in Jan Feb.

You MUST book on Tuesday. You cannot place a courtesy hold prior to Tuesday.

Happy Hour Rates are sent directly to agencies only by RCL/Celebrity

The best thing to do is join agency mailing lists.

There are only a handful Celebrity for this coming Tuesday. One South America....most on Century and a couple of dates for Mercury Mex Riv.

Most dates are in Jan Feb.

You MUST book on Tuesday. You cannot place a courtesy hold prior to Tuesday.

thanks for clearing that up for everyone. You are right, the deals are good but there are just a few listed this week. Of course the other issue is: they are mostly, as I posted before, cruises coming up in the next few weeks and many times the avail cabins and catagories are very limited. NMnita

It's these "cocktail hour" deals that always make me feel like I've been taken advantage of for booking early, paying early, and repeating it year after year...:(

You could always have your TA rebook it for you. He/she should do it automatically for you if the price drops. Or at least ours does.

You could always have your TA rebook it for you. He/she should do it automatically for you if the price drops. Or at least ours does.

As Danno implied, these Happy Hour Specials are for "new bookings" only and almost always for sailings within the cancellation penalty period, 90? days or less, and to cancel and rebook usually will wind up costing more than the original booking. This sort of creates the frustration folks feel when they book early only to sometimes see a better deal when these HH specials come out.

Frank

re: happy hour specials-i called celebrity last month to book a cruise for march or april, just happened to be happy hour special- several hundred dollars less than i expected to pay, and i've checked since, haven't seen a better price for my cruise. But it's true, cabins on sale were limited. But i got one that suited me. Called this morning to pay final balance. My celebrity agent wasn't available- is supposed to call me back tomorrow- last day to pay. i guess tomorrow i'll start really planning!, rose

I'm familiar with the RCL/Celebrity Happy Hour website.

Is there anything similar for Princess?

First of all, the link given for Celebrity is for agent's only not the public at large.

Princess has what they call "Flash Rates"... they are usually good for 5 days, but they can sell out sooner than that. Princess emails the Flash rate sailings to agencies.

Happy Hour rates can also be revoked quite quickly. I've seen them gone by 10 am the day of sale.

Archived