Voltage on Pacific Star

Painter

Seriously though, fair question Marleneann. Aussiedisneyfan is taking a travel iron with her. Actually, I'd like to know whether ot not I should take one on the Sun. I know they have laundry facilities but I was thinking it might be easier to do it in the cabin on the table/dressing table if there is one. What do others think?

Karen

My boss gave me his iron so I am taking it. It would probably be handy to have on the sun. You don't have to worry about their's being broken, damaged etc then. I am assuming you could alway use their ironing boards in the laundry or don't they have plugs, I can't remember.

Marleneann, you should be able to use your iron. The rooms are 240v but 60hertz. We have plugged in laptops, phone charges, ipods etc and all have been fine. Keepcruising said that most appliances will be fine. Their clock radio was it was on turbo, didn't agree with the 60h bit.

Seriously though, fair question Marleneann. Aussiedisneyfan is taking a travel iron with her. Actually, I'd like to know whether ot not I should take one on the Sun. I know they have laundry facilities but I was thinking it might be easier to do it in the cabin on the table/dressing table if there is one. What do others think?

Karen

Karen

I took an iron on our last cruise.

I layed the clothes on the bed next to the dressing table and ironed there:p

I will be taking it again next cruise.

Kazza:)

Kazza my post did read a bit strange. I fotgot to type the word "iron".

I know I take a lot of extras when I holiday...but lugging the washer and dryer around with me might be a bit of a challenge. Especially on a three day cruise.

When I visited the USA I took a small iron (suitable for USA power) and ironed on the bed. It served it's purpose.

Even when there is a laundry sometimes it cannot be used because it is busy.

I also take an alarm clock...I don't want to sleep my money away on a cruise!

Marleneann.

Just a word of caution re ironing in your cabin..........

Irons can represent a very real fire danger on board.

This is why most ships have an an ironing room for passengers and I am very suprised that P&O have not put one in.Also the voltage can vary as the ship generates electricity to meet the "current" needs of the ship at any particular time.

I also take an alarm clock...I don't want to sleep my money away on a cruise!

Marleneann.

Yes I agree with that. I'm not one for sleeping in anyway but we have booked an inside cabin so obviously the sunshine isn't going to wake me. I don't want to wake the rest of the family though so I was thinking I could put my mobile phone under my pillow & use that for an alarm. My hubby has already told the kids they'll have to drug me every night so I don't get them all up early.

Karen

When hubby and I were in Auckland (for Sapphire Princess Cruise Auckland - Sydney) at the Sky Tower Hotel we planned to be up at 7.00am for a 7.00am- 9.00am free breakfast that went with the overnight accom.

We had to be out of the room by 10.00am.

The night before we retired to bed about 10.30pm in order to get an early night to be bright and bushytailed for our cruise next day. Before jumping into bed we drew the large dark backed curtains.

Morning of our cruise I was awakened be a tap... tap... and thought it sounded like someone hammering. It seemed like the early hours of the morning and I thought it strange for work to be taking place at that time.

I dozed on and off for sometime and then ...I just didn't feel tired anymore so I popped my head up to see the time on the bedside table on my husbands side of the bed.

10.35am!!!!!!!!

I screamed for hubby to wake up. This seemed like a bad dream. All my plans of pampering myself with a soaking bubble bath, srumptious breakfast and a stroll down the street were all gone.

Now the sad part of this story is...I did have my alarm clock with me ....I just didn't use it!

Be prepared!

Marleneann.

Yes I agree with that. I'm not one for sleeping in anyway but we have booked an inside cabin so obviously the sunshine isn't going to wake me. I don't want to wake the rest of the family though so I was thinking I could put my mobile phone under my pillow & use that for an alarm. My hubby has already told the kids they'll have to drug me every night so I don't get them all up early.

Karen

Karen, we were in an inside cabin on Pacific Sun, and you'd be suprised how dark it was in there - even at 10am in the morning, so if you want to get up and about the mobile phone under the pillow sounds like a good idea.

The other problem I found with the inside cabin was that when I came out of the cabin I had no sense of direction, because I didn't have a visual reference of which direction we were sailing in - and consequently I stood in the hallway thinking 'which way am I going' everytime I left the cabin.

I just replied to this post but it didn't show up.

When I was on the Fairstar I was in an inside cabin so I know how dark it is (all the time). I would have been happy to pay the extra for an outside cabin this time but hubby reckons it's a waste of money as we will only be sleeping in it, which is true. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an upgrade to an outside. I know Chaz got one on the cruise she's on now and I have friends who were on the Sun's Christmas cruise & they did too. Here's hoping!!!

Karen

Hi everyone

when travelling anywhere I always take my own iron, nothing worse than getting a scorch mark on your favourite dress or pants because you thought the temp on the borrowed iron was the same as the one used at home or your small travel iron.

Am going to try the iron free fabulon spray though this month to see how well it works on tshirts & shorts.

Chook63

The first 2 cruises i went on i had a inside cabin, but that was in my younger days when i stayed up late and boy was it dark!!!!

These days i go for an outside cabin as i like to wake up n look out the window. I like the way you can lie in bed and watch the world go by.....

The first 2 cruises i went on i had a inside cabin, but that was in my younger days when i stayed up late and boy was it dark!!!!

These days i go for an outside cabin as i like to wake up n look out the window. I like the way you can lie in bed and watch the world go by.....

On my first cruise on Pacific Sky we were in an outside 4 share cabin and I was on the top bunk... It was great to be able to wake up and pop my head behind the curtain to see the sea, or to see where we were. I missed that on Pacific Sun, but we got a really good price for the inside cabin, so I wasn't complaining. This time we decided we definetly wanted an outside cabin.

Hi everyone

when travelling anywhere I always take my own iron, nothing worse than getting a scorch mark on your favourite dress or pants because you thought the temp on the borrowed iron was the same as the one used at home or your small travel iron.

Am going to try the iron free fabulon spray though this month to see how well it works on tshirts & shorts.

Chook63

The iron free does really work, I posted earlier. I find that I can use it if I'm running late for work and don't have time to get the iron out. It's not perfect but it does the job for small creases. I would still take the iron though.

Archived