Mini-Review Westerdam 5 night cruise 1/3-8

tennispretzel

First timer on Holland America but not to cruising.

EMBARKATION/DISEMBARKATION: Easier than I have ever encountered before. Friendly personnel, swiftly moving line. Twenty minutes to embark; less to disembark. I like that you can stay in your cabin rather than be gathered together in a lounge, etc.

CABIN: Similar to other ships; thought the bathroom had an "institutional" feel although the space was nice with the tub. The bed/pillows extremely comfortable. Room to store luggage under the bed. Balcony lovely for morning coffee and to watch a sunrise. Towel animals each evening from our very nice steward. Sufficient storage.

FOOD: Thought the Lido was usually too much traffic. Next time will order room service or go to the DR. The DR in the evening was lovely, wonderful service and better than expected food.(I was a fan of Celebrity)The soups I tried were served hot(and delicious!), the meat tender, portions perfect size. Our evening in the Pinnacle Grill was perfect including the best steak I EVER ate in my life. It was a rib-eye.

I felt it was a near perfect experience, maybe a couple of minor things to complain about and I certainly would go on HAL again. Can't comment on the shore excursions because we did not do any but the tendering procedure to Half Moon Cay was simple and the island itself is incredibly beautiful!! We were lucky to have an 80 degree day. The clamshells are terrific to keep out the sun for us northerners--although we craved it badly!!!

Feel free to respond with questions and I'll try to answer.

Archived