Noise Level in Getaway Solo Cabin aisles

Martha_74

I am booked on the Getaway Baltic Cruise September 2019. On the GETAWAY. Solo cabin suite. I am interested in people's feedback on the level of noise to be heard between the cabins, etc. They are very small, etc. I am not a picky traveler, but do wonder how good the sound protection is between cabins. Blow dryers, phone calls, music, movies, etc? Please post your experiences for your trip if relevant.

I am booked on the Getaway Baltic Cruise September 2019. On the GETAWAY. Solo cabin suite. I am interested in people's feedback on the level of noise to be heard between the cabins, etc. They are very small, etc. I am not a picky traveler, but do wonder how good the sound protection is between cabins. Blow dryers, phone calls, music, movies, etc? Please post your experiences for your trip if relevant.

I was in an Escape studio (same layout as Getaway) and heard nothing between rooms. I've heard the ones with connecting doors may have some noise issues though.

The Studios I have stayed in on both Breakaway and Getaway (11523 on both) were blissfully quiet. No noise from neighbors etc.

The only places I have heard people have noise issues are the cabins that are near "busy" doors like the Studio Lounge door or the doors that secure the Studio corridors or any service doors. I know someone who stayed in 11501 on Breakaway and she said it was really loud there.

I was in an Escape studio (same layout as Getaway) and heard nothing between rooms. I've heard the ones with connecting doors may have some noise issues though.

Thanks for the response! I will have to check my deck diagram to see if my room is connecting!

yay! I rechecked the deck plan and I am on the end, in the middle row of the studio cabins on deck 10! No connecting room! But, there IS a white space on the other side of the row, assuming it is a closet or staff room. No problem, I have white noise earplugs! :D

The Studios I have stayed in on both Breakaway and Getaway (11523 on both) were blissfully quiet. No noise from neighbors etc.

The only places I have heard people have noise issues are the cabins that are near "busy" doors like the Studio Lounge door or the doors that secure the Studio corridors or any service doors. I know someone who stayed in 11501 on Breakaway and she said it was really loud there.

I was in 11523 too! :D

I was just in 12573 in Escape and had no problems what soever- with less traffic I would venture to say it was quieter than my balcony in May.

I also recommend the following: ear plugs, maybe a small bluetooth speaker. Sometimes I used my jabra earbuds to actually pump in sleep sounds ocean etc... but found I didnt need them