Maasdam's new EXC-InDepth cruise program - at sea

OlsSalt

2 hours ago, boulders said:

Do you remember when HAL shore excursions became available for booking for your cruise? 

We book a lot of them before we board - so maybe they were available at least month or so ahead of time? - but new ones were added and some sold out ones got extra options, or not. Rangiroa  and Fakarava on this past cruise for example - only have a few boats and not enough tourists to have back-up operations when a big cruise ship arrives.

Others did fine making private arrangements or hiring a taxi on arrival.  Each port will have different considerations in play. In Lima we were strongly warned about crime if you even stepped one foot out the port facility on your own. 

Plus later notice once on board that some of the ports like Lima offered a shuttle service to some locations.  Other ports we booked the day ahead of time. With some of these more remote and seldom visited ports, it probably was harder to find what was available too far in advance. 

A non-answer, right?

Edited by OlsSalt

Thanks for the reply OlsSalt. HAL appears to have several of the InDepth Maasdam cruises at a very good price over the next few months. I wish I could take one. 

I meant to quote your post above but it became a casualty of the new software. 

Edited by boulders

3 hours ago, boulders said:

Thanks for the reply OlsSalt. HAL appears to have several of the InDepth Maasdam cruises at a very good price over the next few months. I wish I could take one. 

I meant to quote your post above but it became a casualty of the new software. 

Actually all of the Maasdam's future cruises as of this writing are in Depth (with differing degrees of value), but the degree to which the passengers know or take advantage of it is currently really varying.

On 10/17/2018 at 4:03 PM, Btimmer said:

We’ve been booked on the Sea-Sydney portion of the cruise you booked on.  I understand that the SF/Sea to Yokohama or Sydney is one of the most booked future cruises being booked on the ship.

The line at 9am for 10am tender tickets this morning stretched from the Ocean Bar past the Signature Shops!  

Here’s hoping your manna is positive!!

Tim

We had lines starting at 5:30am ish, for 9am tender tickets to Rapa Nui, on day 2 the hotel captain started the 9am tickets at 7:30am. And some aggressive activity in the lines. With some folk thinking that putting a towel on a chair reserves their place in a tender line.