Mike's solo Norway adventure!

Some industrial shots. Stavanger is said to be the oil capital of Norway.

DSC02188_zpsdf45eqm9.png

DSC02191_zpsso69c03o.png

DSC02192_zpspdd2lcef.png

DSC02195_zpsnw72sfnh.png

And there's the ship. 

DSC02197_zpsg525yjtp.png

My day doesn't end here. I also planned on strolling through Gamle Stavanger (Old Stavanger), and then I explored the city center a bit. Stay tuned for that, and as always, thanks everyone!

4pm departure. And that's it for Norway. 

DSC02291_zps8umdnrec.png

DSC02293_zpssmbzb46o.png

DSC02295_zpst99i2aqa.png

DSC02300_zpsx2ou6kfc.png

Dinnertime! The couple next to me were among those that actually climbed Pulpit Rock today. Tonight's recommendation was a halibut dish, with a fondant potato and vegetables.

DSC02301_zpslc2iumpj.png

For dessert I got a lava cake. Yet again, the ice cream tasted like cake batter.

DSC02303_zpsdc5gloiq.png

What I can say about Norway overall, I'll save for the very end of this review. As for Stavanger, would I go there again? The rain really hindered sightseeing here. On a clear day, I would give the Lysefjord cruise another go, and try finding some other sights that I missed. Let me know what I did miss, and I'll be sure to write it down for next time. Unlike a lot of other Norwegian destinations, I think Stavanger is more meant for cruise passengers than those land vacationing. Otherwise, it's very much a day well spent.  

Tomorrow is our second and final sea day. Thanks everyone for following along, and I'll see you tomorrow!

Day 8 - Sea day

Second of two sea days. Our eighth and final day onboard. Not only did I pack up tonight, but throughout the day I went around the ship again to gather YouTube footage, went back to the pools and slides for one final time, and here are some pictures from the farewell show.

This one's a jazz performance of On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.

DSC02442_zpsh37rpalv.png

DSC02443_zpsw1mobc7y.png

DSC02444_zpsv1u4ow8g.png

DSC02448_zps1mn3fjii.png

DSC02449_zps935yaokn.png

After cruise director Joff gathered all the cast and crew onstage, the Washy Washy singer treated us to one more little song. ☺️

DSC02451_zps8wakiagl.png

The clock goes back again overnight, I'm off the ship before 7am, and my flight's not until later in the afternoon, so I have about 8 hours to spend in Heathrow before flying back to America.

But as I said, this doesn't end here.

Final words

What can I say? Right from the beginning, to go on this adventure was one of the best decisions I have made in my entire life. Appropriately enough, I cruised independently on the Independence of the Seas, which little did I know since day one would be Amplified. 

Why I did it solo in the first place, I really don't know. Norway is so incredible that next time, I ought to go there with my parents and show it to them. I will 100% return there, not only to get a chance to revisit places like Bergen and Geiranger, but to explore other areas that I've yet to be in, such as hidden gems that may be off the beaten track.

Everybody that I met was excellent, especially those in the Facebook group I was in.

For those who have a Norwegian fjords cruise planned in the future, whether solo or with the family, you are absolutely going to love it, and I am so glad to have convinced quite a few of you to take it. Haven't booked it yet? Please do!

You'll remember it for the rest of your life.

That wraps it up for my report on such a fantastic cruise. Thank you so much for following along, and I hope to see you again in the near future!

• Thanks 1